View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the alert Murf I have sent the to the rescue co-ordinator.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Why would the breeder hand her over to a general rescue and not to a breed rescue?
Sadly because the breeder is most likely a puppy farmer or back yard breeder who knows nothing about the breed or quality of puppies and cares even less about it.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Why would the breeder hand her over to a general rescue and not to a breed rescue?
my thoughts too
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
She is gorgeous if financially we were better off I would consider her.
She does look like she needs a good groom and yes I am wondering why she hasn't gone to the breed rescue.
I don't know anyone but can contact a rescue co-ordinator and make them aware. I do believe Many Tears had one before and weren't keen on the breed rescue getting involved.
I will inform them though.
Over to Manytears then. WHY?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Don't know Pat like someone has said possible back yard breeder.
The rescue have got my email and they are going to alert all the potential people who want to re-home about her as Many tears seem to prefer people to go through them not a third party even though they are a rescue for the breed.
Fingers crossed she finds a good home.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2013, 06:37 AM
I'm worried about this lovely girl. She's still down as "not available" - I really hope she isnt still unwell, bless her. Does anyone on here have inside info from Many Tears? Is this gorgeous girl OK?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by greatbarnet View Post
I'm worried about this lovely girl. She's still down as "not available" - I really hope she isnt still unwell, bless her. Does anyone on here have inside info from Many Tears? Is this gorgeous girl OK?
To be honest I haven't looked I could get in touch I suppose but it breaks my heart with any dog especially this breed as I know how much they need people.
It may well be she is a very unhealthy girl not unusual in this breed especially if badly bred. Or they are taking their time with getting her fit or maybe trying to find out what is wrong.

I will try to email them later to see if I can find anything out and update.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks, I've tried to ask questions from MT before and they seem reluctant to engage in discussion! Understandable, they are very busy I know. So I was just hoping someone may have contacts where I don't!

I've had a Bernese before and really want another, they are such a wonderful breed. So I am very interested in this girl. At least she is with a foster though, and not in kennels. I just hope she's OK.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by greatbarnet View Post
Thanks, I've tried to ask questions from MT before and they seem reluctant to engage in discussion! Understandable, they are very busy I know. So I was just hoping someone may have contacts where I don't!

I've had a Bernese before and really want another, they are such a wonderful breed. So I am very interested in this girl. At least she is with a foster though, and not in kennels. I just hope she's OK.
Have you contacted Jude Simmonds and put your name on their waiting list ? If you are thinking of rehoming She is breed co-ordinator for the breed and also a very well respected breeder who has been in the breed for many years and has given details of Pru to all her wanting to be rehomers as that's the only way she can try to make sure she goes to a Bernese experienced home when dealing with MT's. I am not sure they will talk to me me either.
If you want Jude's details I Can PM them to you.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks, I have her details and am already on the Bernese Rescue list
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >