Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 07:22 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

A very good morning to all Dogsey peops

Another beautiful morning, not a leaf stirring out there and a hazy blue sky, so it's going to be nice again. Dave is taking Zena out for me, so that I don't have to get to the hairdressers in a sweaty mess, hair all over the place, and no make-up, otherwise it'll give the impression he doesn't have to bother (as it's an early appointment the only one he had for 2 weeks, which is always a good sign.)

This will be the 4th hairdresser since we moved here and if he can't cut hair, then I give up, I'll just get a wig, cos when you've spent almost a year of growing out disasters, there's not much of it left lol!

It must be spring, Zena was a right lunatic at 6 am when Dave got up to use the loo, her tail was frantically banging on the bath, then she zoomed in to me, threw her top half on my bed and smothered me in kisses and then promptly went back to bed, whilst we got up. I'm pleased to see my legs work this morning cos after all that wall filling yesterday up and down the steps, leaning over and bending, my poor old back last night was quite unbearable, but it's fine this morning. I really must search out a good bone cruncher.

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets, especially you Bev, I hope your walk with Lily yesterday helped get you through another day. Lynn, I expect you're up early getting Gorden organised and I hope Dillon was being a good boy for you.

I know it's Monday, but at least it's a sunny one, so enjoy getting out in it
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Morning H and all,

We had a lovely walk yesterday with all the greyhounds, catching up with friends old and new. Alton water is such a beautiful place to walk. Unfortunatly 5 mins after we arrived the sun dissapeared and the fog rolled in making the tepreture drop by about 5 degrees, but it didn't spoil it and we all went into the cafe afterwards for hot chocolate and something to eat. One thing about the greyhounds, although there was about 40 of them they never have a cross word to each other and while we eat and drink just lay down quietly together and wait with us.

Charly and Ash arrived safely in Devon, but my goodness the house is so quiet without them, so I will be glad to see them back again although also hope they have a great time of course.

This morning I need to go to Tesco and then unfortunatly being Monday I have work this afternoon. I must take my holiday sheet in and book a week off around my birthday in April.

Good Luck with the hairdresser H, It took me ages to find one but a few years back I found a lovely lady who finally could do what I wanted and she comes to the house so thats an added bonus.

Take care all and enjoy your Monday.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Morning Helena morning all
Hard frost here this morning hopefully it'll be a good day
Had the best sleep ever must have been all the fresh air yesterday ,same old same old today
Munsters picked up at 7 30 ,only my lot to walk ,don't think we'll go as far today
Hope the hairdresser works out bet it'll look super dooper come out ,feeling like a million dollars
Madmare
Glad you enjoyed your walk my goodness 40 dogs that must have been a wonderfull sight
Dont work too hard
Hope all peeps and dogs in good health /or get better soon
Sorry if I've missed anyone
Have a good day all
Tase care stay safe xxxxxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning Helena, Bev and fellow members,

Good luck Helena at the hairdressers, I know what a nightmare it is finding one you trust. Hopefully this will be the one. I can wait to hear what colour you've gone or whether you are going 'au naturale'. I hope Zena and Dave have a good walk.

Bev - I thought of you yesterday on your 'greyhound walk' - what glorious weather you and Lily had for it. Each summer my OH is away a fair amount and I always find that I too rattle around in the house initially, but soon get use to it and then enjoy the peace.

LS - I hope Loki is OK and has no further fits.

Take care all, and I hope all poorly dogs and members are felling better.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Good morning ladies! I've already done the walk in the sunshine with muttley. Lovely day but obviously must have chucked it down with rain during the night because it was mud, mud and more mud. My boots are outside my door awaiting my attention. Fortunately teeny weeny Bella only ever requires a wipe down with a damp cloth to get any off of her.

I've turned over a new leaf. Only going to dither about for another few minutes and then get stuck into some paid work. And then promised myself I will do some packing up of stuff.

Once in the new place I am going to implement the rule I used to impose on myself in the past - no buying of any new articles (whether clothing, household, whatever) until you've got rid of a similar one (preferably more than one) first.

Then I just might end up one day living somewhere where I don't need another house to keep all the clutter in.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

We had a lovely walk yesterday with all the greyhounds, catching up with friends old and new. Alton water is such a beautiful place to walk. Unfortunatly 5 mins after we arrived the sun dissapeared and the fog rolled in making the tepreture drop by about 5 degrees, but it didn't spoil it and we all went into the cafe afterwards for hot chocolate and something to eat. One thing about the greyhounds, although there was about 40 of them they never have a cross word to each other and while we eat and drink just lay down quietly together and wait with us.

Charly and Ash arrived safely in Devon, but my goodness the house is so quiet without them, so I will be glad to see them back again although also hope they have a great time of course.

This morning I need to go to Tesco and then unfortunatly being Monday I have work this afternoon. I must take my holiday sheet in and book a week off around my birthday in April.

Good Luck with the hairdresser H, It took me ages to find one but a few years back I found a lovely lady who finally could do what I wanted and she comes to the house so thats an added bonus.

Take care all and enjoy your Monday.
Morning Bev Sounds just like the tonic you needed yesterday there Bev, but shame you've gotta work this afternoon.

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Morning Helena morning all
Hard frost here this morning hopefully it'll be a good day
Had the best sleep ever must have been all the fresh air yesterday ,same old same old today
Munsters picked up at 7 30 ,only my lot to walk ,don't think we'll go as far today
Hope the hairdresser works out bet it'll look super dooper come out ,feeling like a million dollars
Madmare
Glad you enjoyed your walk my goodness 40 dogs that must have been a wonderfull sight
Dont work too hard
Hope all peeps and dogs in good health /or get better soon
Sorry if I've missed anyone
Have a good day all
Tase care stay safe xxxxxx
Morning Norma Good to hear you slept so well last night, it's amazing what a day of fresh air can do to us isn't it. I shall carry on dreaming about walking out feeling like a million dollars this morning though lol!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good morning Helena, Bev and fellow members,

Good luck Helena at the hairdressers, I know what a nightmare it is finding one you trust. Hopefully this will be the one. I can wait to hear what colour you've gone or whether you are going 'au naturale'. I hope Zena and Dave have a good walk.

Bev - I thought of you yesterday on your 'greyhound walk' - what glorious weather you and Lily had for it. Each summer my OH is away a fair amount and I always find that I too rattle around in the house initially, but soon get use to it and then enjoy the peace.

LS - I hope Loki is OK and has no further fits.

Take care all, and I hope all poorly dogs and members are felling better.
Morning Jenny I shall chat to him about the colour, but for the moment, I just want him to put it into the style it should be, and I have great expectations of this one! Enjoy your day, I'm sure you've got this sunshine we've got up there Jenny.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Good morning ladies! I've already done the walk in the sunshine with muttley. Lovely day but obviously must have chucked it down with rain during the night because it was mud, mud and more mud. My boots are outside my door awaiting my attention. Fortunately teeny weeny Bella only ever requires a wipe down with a damp cloth to get any off of her.

I've turned over a new leaf. Only going to dither about for another few minutes and then get stuck into some paid work. And then promised myself I will do some packing up of stuff.

Once in the new place I am going to implement the rule I used to impose on myself in the past - no buying of any new articles (whether clothing, household, whatever) until you've got rid of a similar one (preferably more than one) first.

Then I just might end up one day living somewhere where I don't need another house to keep all the clutter in.
Morning Pat Lol at you there with your declutter promise to yourself...it won't work of course!! I feel for you having returned to all the mud, we are enjoying mud free walks atm but of course, that won't last long. Enjoy your day.

The sun is out now, Dave is out with Zena hopefully he can avoid the woman with her 6 collies that run around everywhere up there, and when he gets back I shall be off down the town. I'm getting a tad nervous now, but I'll try not to show it!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2013, 09:08 AM

Malka is jumping up with joy [well in her mind she is] 'cos Nir popped by with new padlock for The Shack - took a look at the glued stuck one, said "that is not superglue it is just [something?] that the ganavim shoved in when they could not get The Shack open".

Apparently because they could not open it they shoved something??? into the lock etc to make it look as if it was superglued, and pushed the long U loop of the padlock and the mahoosive lock wotsit itself down so it was well wedged.

Nir gave the whole padlock, loop and wotsit, a bit of a pull to unwedge it, squirted some compressed air to clear the lock - and the key opened it! Just means that instead of putting the long U loop through thisaway I now have to put it thataway so it cannot get wedged under the two wotsits it goes through.

So - he had just called in on his way from home to somewhere - picking up a new padlock on the way - did not need the new padlock so he will take it back and get refunded, and did not cost me anything for him as he was passing through in any case!

The Silver Monster is now on charge and as soon as the green light comes on Pereg and I will be off out. If the tractor paths look dry enough maybe we will go see what is going on in the fields!

And do not forget what day it is today...

It's Monday so it's STEAM MOP day!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Morning H and all

Lol at Zena full of the joys of spring. I hope your back is feeling better and that the haircut works out well.

Glad you had a good walk yesterday Bev, shame about the fog. Greyhounds always seem a calm breed to me, I might end up with one one day when all the B's are gone.

That's what I should do Pat, I have so much stuff, I forget sometimes that I have bought things!

We had a busy day yesterday at work, the place hadn't been cleaned and was a right state. it took ages to sort out, luckily two of us had turned up, it's difficult being a one man band sometimes! I was worn out by the end of the day.

We had a bit of a lay in this morning, mind you Rufus and Kia kept jumping up and down on me as they wanted their dinner! We ended up having a game on the bed much to Fiji's disgust, she doesn't like being disturbed. Fiji gets to lay in every day and doesn't go out for a pee until after she is fed, she is a bit of a diva.

Have a good day all.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Morning all, lovely morning here , just got back from Millies check up, her gums are healing well so thats good to know.

Good luck at the hairdressers H, fingers crossed xx

Hope all doggies are well today and everyone is fine, have a good one folks xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Wow another day of sunshine

Helene I think that when you have had a hair disaster it will take a good hairdresser a couple of cuts to get it back to how it should be. Good luck anyway

Glad you lock wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be Malka, that saved some money.

Well you all sound very energetic so enjoy the sun. My second lot of washing is ready to go out now, see you later.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »