View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:07 PM
That's so much like my situation albeit about 27 years ago I was pregnant with my son, we had arranged to come back to UK to marry but then he started going out with a friend, a girl who he was only friendly with, nothing romantic but he would go out with her and leave me in the house.

He would get up early at the weekend, say he was going to meet her and would I like to come too but he was leaving now as though I could get my big fat belly out of bed and dressed in two minutes and rush out without showering or having breakfast. I think there was twice when he phoned me to come and meet them at the pub but both times it was because he had run out of money. It was like he had no respect for me at all and I couldn't accept that.

I cancelled the wedding, told him to take a hike and we split. We did give it a go a few months later (me not wanting my child to grow up without a father) but after all his promises nothing changed.

I had a son, he grew up without a father but he's a brilliant son, had no problems with him.

You can feel more lonely in a relationship than on your own. At least you won't be sitting in the house waiting on him or your plans been cancelled because he's decided to go out with her instead. If you're on your own you can please yourself what you do and not wait around for some ****** to let you down.

I never regretted getting rid of mine even though I became a single parent.

I wish you all the best and hope you find some peace and happiness soon.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
That's so much like my situation albeit about 27 years ago I was pregnant with my son, we had arranged to come back to UK to marry but then he started going out with a friend, a girl who he was only friendly with, nothing romantic but he would go out with her and leave me in the house.

He would get up early at the weekend, say he was going to meet her and would I like to come too but he was leaving now as though I could get my big fat belly out of bed and dressed in two minutes and rush out without showering or having breakfast. I think there was twice when he phoned me to come and meet them at the pub but both times it was because he had run out of money. It was like he had no respect for me at all and I couldn't accept that.

I cancelled the wedding, told him to take a hike and we split. We did give it a go a few months later (me not wanting my child to grow up without a father) but after all his promises nothing changed.

I had a son, he grew up without a father but he's a brilliant son, had no problems with him.

You can feel more lonely in a relationship than on your own. At least you won't be sitting in the house waiting on him or your plans been cancelled because he's decided to go out with her instead. If you're on your own you can please yourself what you do and not wait around for some ****** to let you down.

I never regretted getting rid of mine even though I became a single parent.

I wish you all the best and hope you find some peace and happiness soon.
wow!

Thank you so much for sharing! You sound like an amazing person! You've given me inspiration?
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
If you need to vent, or need a virtual *hug* you know where we are

Good luck with the search - if you need help with anything I can do from here let me know xx
Can you have the stiff drink that I so desperately want right now?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
Can you have the stiff drink that I so desperately want right now?
Nope i'm afraid im currently in the same boat as you with regards to no alcohol! I can share some hormonal rage tho
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Nope i'm afraid im currently in the same boat as you with regards to no alcohol! I can share some hormonal rage tho
Haha!

Any ladies on this thread want to have a drink for me? Perhaps a comforting drink for Jet&Copper?

To be fair, I think we ALL deserve one after this thread, drinkers or not :P

Thank you so much everyone!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I'll save mine for end of March

How pregnancy treating u?
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I'll save mine for end of March

How pregnancy treating u?
Sounds like we'll be swapping horror stories and photos:P

Generally ok, Sick ALL the time but i am hoping once home life becomes less stressful I will settle into it :P

You?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Sounds like we'll be swapping horror stories and photos:P

Generally ok, Sick ALL the time but i am hoping once home life becomes less stressful I will settle into it :P

You?
Ha yep!

I feel like sh!t!! Morning sickness should be called all day sickness and I sleep at the drop of a hat!
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Ha yep!

I feel like sh!t!! Morning sickness should be called all day sickness and I sleep at the drop of a hat!
Ah! We could be the same person...
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Haha!

Any ladies on this thread want to have a drink for me? Perhaps a comforting drink for Jet&Copper?

To be fair, I think we ALL deserve one after this thread, drinkers or not :P

Thank you so much everyone!
Well since you've asked so nicely, i'll force myself to have a glass of raspberry vodka what I did make myself, but I'll warn you, it has kick to it, so if i turn up on this thread pished as a fart, I can't be held responsible for my actions.

I'm so hoping that in a year or so's time you'll look back in pride at yourself for being so strong and doing the right thing.
You go girl
Page 8 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »