Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Somebody was watching.

Thats all I can really say!

My brother and his friend was heading back from his friends brothers wedding yesterday, nothing ununsual there, but coming back along the motorway he felt his car swaying, and he assumed that it was the wind, as its quite a small car and he was going fast, so he slowed down, and then heard a banging coming from the back wheel, anyway he went into a motorway service station, and saw nothing wrong, after going in there for a drink etc they drove off, on the way out of there though his back wheel fell off, luckily they were only going slow, but they felt a jolt and he asked his friend to check what had happened, although he didn't believe her until he saw it for himself, and then some kind lorry driver said that he saw where his wheel had gone, and helped them look for it. Luckily they did find it though, and today he was brought back via a RAC lorry, but I think that someone must of been watching over them for them to be allright now.

Here are a few pics.

Straight after it come off the back of the lorry, and when the thing that was holding what was left of the back wheel was taken away.

Having a look at what was left, apparently it was all the bearings fault that this happened, but I don't know anything about cars.

And the lorry, I was talking to the driver though and he was a nice man, we were talking about what would of happened had they been on the motorway, as you can tell that outcome would not of been good at all I also asked him how many lucky breaks like this he see's and he says its quite common, but on the other side you see cars where not a lot looks wrong, but people have died in them so we also talked about when its your time to go, and unsurprisanly he says that he believes that when its your time its your time, I do too, and things like this for me confirm it. All in all though I'm just glad that my brother and his friend has such a lucky escape this time.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:36 PM
OMG

someone really was watching over him! how scary!

glad he is ok

Alex
xx
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:37 PM
wow... so glad your brother and his friend are all-right !!!!! As you say.... someone, or something, was on their side!!!!
Outis
New Member!
Male 

19-07-2010, 06:36 PM
I've had a couple of close-calls like that. Most recently, about a year and a half ago I was driving 80-90mph on the highway in my 2000 Accord Coupe V6, fun, plush car but not expensive. I get off on an exit and immediately hit a stop light. My window was down so I could smoke, and when I take off I hear a pop and a grind, so I pull over. The sidewall of my front right tire blew out! If that had happened at 80-90mph I'd have been dead! They were even relatively new tires, less than 2000miles on them.

I rolled a 1995 Jeep Cherokee when I was 17. Roof was crushed down and all the glass shattered, I was knocked out, woke up sideways hanging by my seatbelt and had to crawl up and out the passenger window to get out. Got away with a bruised knee. My friend who was sitting in the passenger seat just cut his hand a little.