View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2009, 07:36 PM

Why does she not understand the credit crunch?!!

Hi all,

I daren't add up how much money we've spent on toys for Ruby. Everything we get her is destroyed!!! Her record was Saturday's treat, lasted 5 minutes.

I think I'll have to invent something that she can't destroy and take it on Dragon's Den.

Oh, maybe not, we've no money left to apply for the patent.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh I know, its so hard to find indestructable toys for our dobe. We found a bright red tyre, like a tiny tractor tyre made from really hard rubber and that is still in one piece also the kong, apart from a bit on one end and one very hard rubber ball, everything else is in tiny bits in 5 minutes.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Daisy`s destroyed the 3 ballies I bought this afternoon. They were cheepies and she had a lovely time doing it
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
how about tuffy toys?? my staffy used to destroy everything but I got him a tuffy toy and it lasted for ages! They are american, but you can get them in PAH i think, and of course of trusty old ebay!
Im lucky with Maisy she just seems to scruff toys around and suck on them more than anything !
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I buy soft toys in the charity shop. Make sure they don't have button/glass eyes, or beads in the bum, then let Lennon at 'em.

Supervised, of course, he will happily shred any soft toy and has such fun doing so.

All for around 95p
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
When hoochie was younger and on his seek and destroy missions with toys, i used to go to carboot sales, and buy lots of stuffed toys, most times it only cost me about 20p each. i always removed eyes and noses or anything else he could hurt himself on though.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
What are tuffy toys? My 3 will chew anything and if they can't destroy it in a matter of minutes they make it their mission to do so.

They ONLY thing they have that is left in one piece is Zane's big black kong. This is the 3rd of these he's had because he's chewed the others into bits!

So I have to separate the toys. Toys for chewing, toys for playing and toys for training.

Laura xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:54 PM
bruno loves basketballs ( we buy them on ebay and pump them up hard it takes him ages to burst them)

also his favourite is the inner cardboard tubes from kitchen and toilet rolls -he loves to shred them !!!!
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=Stumpywop;1619943]What are tuffy toys? /QUOTE]

Sorry i mis-spelt it, its actually spelt 'Tuffie'
They are great, so strong, my staff didnt manage to destroy his, he had a sea turtle one, but I think the rings are the strongest......

http://www.collarways.co.uk/khxc/ind...w&ref=tuf_mega