Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 11:56 AM

OH just been bitten by a dobe

My OH has just come in- a few minute ago he was walking along the towpath by our house with our 2year old son with him(no dogs) and a doberman that was off lead decided to attack his leg-all my OH was doing is walking past minding his own business -totally unprovoked attack- as you can imagine my OH really tried to kick the dog to keep him away from our son(who was walking alongside my OH) and the owner of who had a dally with him aswel) was on the phone-didnt hang up but said to OH 'sorry mate are you alright?!!!!!' didnt even try to grab the dog but then just carried on walking the dogs OFF LEAD- and as my OH was making his way home he saw the dog try and attack a jogger- who managed to kick the dog off him-and still the owner left them off lead.
My OH has small puncture wounds on his leg and my son is distraught(he wasnt physically hurt) but is crying everytime our dogs go near him!
My OH said just leave it as there isnt any point in reporting him as that is the first time he has seen him and i havnt seen the dogs before so we dont know where he lives. but i still think i should report it-what if it had been our son? he would of done a lot of damage.
My OH is not that confident around other dogs and needless to say this has really damaged his confidence
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Really sorry to hear this. I agree with you about reporting it, it could well be a child next time. Furthermore every owner out there that gets away with this adds to the reputation of all dog owners.

I do hope your little one is alright.Time for lots of positive dog time for him I feel.....
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Cant believe the owner didnt even put the dog back on lead!!!

Feel really bad for your little boy and must have been very upsetting for your OH too.

I also have to agree, it should be reported. You have to think about the possibility of it attacking a child.

And just read your location and definately agree now!!!! I live on the border of staffordshire!!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
he really should report it as said, it could be a child next time,
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi i think you should report it - as you say it could have been your little boy and the owner obviously isn't being responsible it could do it to another child - pity the jogger doesn't report it as well. The dog should be on lead and muzzled.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
I agree...report it! It could be a child next time!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
What they said....... report it........
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Hope the OH is okay. Does he need to get a Tetanus jab or anything like that?

Anyway, as everyone else says, definitely needs reporting. Imagine if a dog like that came up to me with my little lot. Think of the damage. The dog is a catastrophy waiting to happen.

Hope your Son gets over the trauma. Poor little thing! Good thing he's so young. He may forget it in time, with a bit of luck. Would be a different story if he was a year or two older. Could worry him for life! Stupid people with uncontrollable dogs off-lead. Makes me soooooo mad
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I would be reporting it also, maybe they will learn to act more responsible. Hope your little boy is ok and OH .
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Hope OH is Ok and not too shaken, so glad your son wasn't hurt.

I would report it as well, the owner really needs to be told.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >