Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2009, 11:22 PM

reccomendations for artists?

Hello

Am I allowed to ask for some reccomendations of artists that can paint dogs from photo's I already have? Ideally I would like to send them photo's of each of the dogs and to have 1 painting combining all three together.
I would dearly love a large painting of my 3 dobes that are now at rainbow bridge
I know it sounds silly, but i'm looking for an artist that can get the eyes just right! A friend of mine has a lovely painting of her dally and horse together and although its a nice painting, to me the eyes just are not right, I know a painting can not be exactly like the photograph, but I would like it to look as realistic as possible..

Thanks Kelz
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi Kelz,
I am an artist, and I checked your contact details to try to PM you but you have none!
I have a BA (hons) in Fine Art (Painting) and have been doing animal portraits professionally for ten years now ( and for more years than I care to remember before that!
So here is a painting I did recently. If you are interested I can email you more portraits and a price list. Just to let you know, I am going away tomorrow and won't be home again until late on Saturday, but if you are interested I can email images to you this evening.
Apologies to admin if I have breached any rules by posting this!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
That is lovely - and to me the eyes are just fab!!!

There are a few great artists on here so you will be spoiled for choice
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Tova - your picture is absolutely lovely.

But Bugzy, just so that you can have a few more ideas, I have used Jodie Grubb in the past ...

Here is the picture she did of Sydney for me a while ago. If you need contact details then let me know...

[IMG][/IMG]

I also know there are quite a few more excellent artists on Dogsey so I am sure you will get lots of input.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
OMg that looks like a photograph of Sydney!!!
Tova that painting is stunning. I wish I was so talented!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Bugzy - About two years back I was looking for an artist to do our two dogs. There are a lot on Dogsey. Tova & Jodie Grubb have both shown some wondeful works.

You might like to decide first what medium you want (Pencil sketch, oils, acrylics, water colour) they each offer certain pros and cons.

I must say I'm stunned by that picture by Tova - it's so real and dramatic.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Here you go, this is a friend of mine.

http://heartbone.co.uk/index.htm

Take a look at the on canvas page.

the Rotti and the Boxer belong to friends , and they paintings catch the dogs as they are.

All taken from photos...
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Both portraits are stunning, I got one done of Inga a number of years ago and it is just like her staring at me, the eyes are so full of life. Sadly the Artist has now retired.

I am looking to get one done of Beanie, who I lost in August, could you both PM me the details please.
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.
Susanatlasinski- I've PM'd you!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow both paintings are stunning, Tova I didnt realise i'd set my email to hide, i've altered it now, It does say at the top of my page that I need 20 posts for messaging? I'll have to post a wee bit more I think If you could email me a price list that would be great
RRmum could you also let me know the contact details for the one who did your painting?
to be honest I am not sure what style I am after, probally not a pencil sketch as I already have one of those of Kai. I would like it in colour of some sort, as Kai and Luna were black/tan- Kai had light eyes, Luna had dark eyes, and Ember was a fawn/tan.

Kelz
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >