View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Langsworthy
New Member!

18-02-2005, 09:48 PM

Advice on my Dog's lump

Hi, I am new to Dogweb as I have been searching the web for some advice from some fellow dog owners as I have a problem with my eight year old boxer, Bailey. He has a huge lump in his neck which we have just recently found out is not a cyst but more than likely a tumour. He is due to go for more tests but I am concerned that if it is the big C then should I go ahead with such a serious operation. (The vet has told me it would be very difficult to remove because of it,s position). Also, i have read that with these types of tumours they now cut away 3cm around the infected area which means they will cut right upto his cheek!!. Has anyone had a similar experience that they could give me a bit of advice. Thanks
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Sorry to hear about Bailey

WiggilyStump's boxer Roxy had a lump removed last week which might be a tumour and a few other members have been through this with their dogs. They should be able to help you more.
Langsworthy
New Member!

18-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks Carole, I await their replies.
Langsworthy
New Member!

18-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Also, Bailey has started to go to the toilet in the house at night which he has done occasionally throughout his life(usually when he is sulking)!! But not to this extent, there was blood in his poo for a couple of days and he was sick but the vet said we need to sort out his lump first, could these problems with bowel control be linked to the lump?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I have no advice as such but just wanted to let you know how sorry I am that you have to go through this. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end and the fact that you have asked for advice shows how much you love your dog. Wish you luck, sure it's nothing serious.

Get well soon Bailey! :smt049
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Let us know how Bailey goes, thoughts are with you.
Meg
Supervisor

19-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Hello Langsworthy welcome, I am very sorry to hear your dog is ill. You don't say where the lump is or the size I could be anything from a benign lipoma (fatty tissue) to C. Is it near/in the lymph glands on the side of the neck, I am guessing from your talk about the cheek that it is ? Yes, the other symptoms could be connected but lets not pre judge things ok ? As to weather or not to have it removed, only you can decide that with the advice of your vet when you know for sure what it is. Let us know how you get on with the vet
Langsworthy
New Member!

19-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi Minihaha, yes the lump is in Bailey's neck and it's about the size of a tennis ball!! The vet said that it will have been affecting nerves, veins, tissues and lymph glands, which is why I am so concerned.
Meg
Supervisor

19-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Langsworthy
Hi Minihaha, yes the lump is in Bailey's neck and it's about the size of a tennis ball!! The vet said that it will have been affecting nerves, veins, tissues and lymph glands, which is why I am so concerned.
Hi Langsworthy, not sounding too good From the size of the lump it may be that the vet has no option but to attempt an operation particularly if it is fast growing, but if it proves to be malignant there are secondary growths to consider. I know it must be difficult for you and you feel you must do something, but all you can really do is to await the test results then decide what is for the best. Good luck with the tests and remember whatever the outcome good or bad, if you could possibly come back and post here your experience may be of use to others .

Best wishes..with fingers crossed..Mini.
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2005, 02:49 PM
My dog recently had a lump removed from her hip but it was only small certainly not the size of a tennis ball and the vet actually removed 4cm of skin each way around the lump but we do not know yet what it is! I am very sorry to hear about your dog and I hope everything turns out for the best xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >