Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 09:42 AM

Teeth Cleaning

When we got Saffy 2 of her incisors were dead so we had them removed when she was spayed. The problem is that obviously a few people had tried to look in her mouth and she now wont let anybody look at her teeth. Sadly our vet found out this to his cost shen he didn't believe me and she gave him a nasty scratch right down his arm

Since she had them removed I've been getting her used to my hands being near her mouth. I'm confident that with a little more work she'll let me clean her teeth so I'm wondering what would be the best product to use? Ideally it needs to be something I can apply with my finger (a toothbrush will be eaten ).

I know that I could used one of the dental chews but I would prefer it to have her used to me cleaning her teeth so I could check them and get her used to teeth inspection.

Thanks,

Graeme
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Logic oral gel can be applied with your finger or I put some in their dinner. I use it for Star and Finn.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi Graeme

I use Virbac enzymatic toothpaste on Soph's teeth. A 70g tube cost around £4.50 from the vets and has lasted ages. You can buy really precise little toothbrushes or just rub it on with your finger - because it's enzymatic you don't need to 'properly' clean the teeth, just smear the paste around the teeth and the enzymes do their funky thang.

Hope this helps.

Becs
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 10:22 AM
i use logic as well .really easy to apply
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks for your replies Carole, Archaeopath and Inca.

I've definitely seen Logic at our vets (think it was about £8?). I'll have a look for Virbac too when I go

Thanks again,

Graeme
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Graeme you can buy logic online for around £5. Also when I first started cleaning Jake's teeth I used something that looks like a little rubber thimble that fits on your finger. You can buy it in a pet shop and it's softer than a toothbrush. I found it got Jake used to having his teeth cleaned quickly!

Good luck
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I bought some Logic this morning as I'd run out £4.79
I put Teegans in her food as she refuses to let me in and it's not worth the hassle,The rest of them tho I rub on with my finger
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 01:28 PM
lol ......a head lock always works here .put it on finger and thumb and just jam it in LOL
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
lol ......a head lock always works here .put it on finger and thumb and just jam it in LOL
thats my method too
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't suppose just letting them lick it off your finger would have the same effect would it?

Not moved on to teeth cleaning yet as Poppy is just getting used to ear cleaning, so don't want to upset her too much. Strange because eyes and ears seem to be going better than brushing!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >