Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2016, 06:34 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, May 02

Good morning everyone, had a bit of a lay in. Amber is eating her breakfast. Doesn't look too nice out there this morning so reckon we are in for a bad day.

Hope everyone is ok. Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Morning Moyra
Well, the cat woke me up howling, got dressed, came down...nothing up with him!!! i don't know if he had just decided we should all be up or what, little monster!
Mum and dad are back sometime day, would imagine around 2 oclockish so the pups are going to go mental Lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Wet or should I say rained and looks like more to come today. Sue at least can carry on with her patio door frame painting, I would put the paint on upside down.

Don't know what has happened but all of a sudden I am getting the posts coming into my email addy, so have reset my control panel, not only on here but also in sister site.

Ever tried signing up to UPS parcel service? no? what a game that is. It kept refusing my password which I have had to do specially to meet their requirements. This was to try and leave a parcel at my neighbours if we were out or delivery date change. All it allowed was from a list to choose from where to leave it,all except next door.

Have you noticed the number of web sites now that are not end user friendly? try looking for an article and see how many times you have to go to next page before finding it, or even how many web sites need searching
I thought good chance to get a new patio door handle while work is being done. No way did I type in the correct wording (patio door handle) ,all I got was handles with locks or levered type. What I should have put is just pull handle . Obvious ? yes now it is but not first off. Is it just me that types in the wrong request?

in the end decided just to clean and polish exisiting one, at least the holes in the wood frame will line up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Very dark and overcast this morning, it is DRY though
Give the girls another hour to digest their breakfast and if its still dry and the heavens haven't opened then we'll be off out before there are too many people. Zen coming up to Day 7 of her season on Wednesday and after that we'll be going to the football field for a game with a ball for the next 2 weeks
Hoping Lynn is OK as she is really quiet and also Nippy
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2016, 08:36 AM
my computer fans are a little noisy so off with the front cover and look

yes the vents are covered with dust. I have not cleaned the computer out for some time even though it is sitting on my desk next to me. So another little job that must get done to keep the computer as cool as possible

Job done and a lot quieter now. It doesn't take much dust to affect he computer cooling system
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2016, 09:51 AM
tumbleweed, i just got the same in my email box...a shed load of emails!!! i think i have turned subscriptions off but who knows...flipping pain i the bum having to select no notification on all posts...especially as i just use quick reply most of the time...hopefully turning off notifications have done it or at least selecting no thread subscription on the reply page should do it
TW, hope the weather holds for you and the girls
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Morning everyone,
Not doing much this morning as I'm at work at 1pm, Liam wants to take Rosie out so I will let him lol. Lauryn has a friend coming over for the day,
Liam and Sarah are going home later tonight, I will miss them, it's been lovely to have them here.
Tweed that's how Tony's computer looks quite often and he ends up having to clean it out
I'm off to get something to eat so will see you all later
Hope everyone has a good day
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Ever tried signing up to UPS parcel service? no? what a game that is. It kept refusing my password which I have had to do specially to meet their requirements. This was to try and leave a parcel at my neighbours if we were out or delivery date change. All it allowed was from a list to choose from where to leave it,all except next door.
Oh heck tell me about it I want to go on record as saying I was a really enthusiastic user of internet shopping and the whole 'cyber space' revolution, but sad to say I have now realised that it still comes down to humans and the ones who create web pages are not the brightest in my opinion, if you are going to have a drop down menu of choices surely you only need a few brain cells to add a final one which says 'Other' and a box where you can type in the location of choice.

Oh sorry forgot that these people can't read, do everything by numbers, no initiative. In our case I often ask for deliveries to be left in the greenhouse as it's accessible from the side of the house, but I now prefer to order by phone as I'm becomming paranoid about personal information ending up on some fraudsters computer
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Good morning

Don't worry about being late Moyra the rest will do you good.

Don't work too hard Mandy. Pity you will miss Sarah and L~iam going home. Hope you have had a good weekend with them

If Dex is up so must you be Griff Hope mum and dad have had a good break.

Drizzling here but did manage to get out with Teazle without getting too wet - looks set for the rest of the day typical bank holiday Monday! Gloss coat done on doors and skirting boards and all the roof frame masked used ready for the emulsion. May have a go at the bare brick work today so it should then match the rest when I do it tomorrow .

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Started out with Kesh, Mabs and Zen, a fine rain started,by the time we got onto the country park it was torrential, didn't have a waterproof coat on with a hood, luckily I had my woolly hat on, otherwise it would have been worse. I was soaked through to the skin by the time we got back, must have been the quickest walk onto and off the country park there ever was, girls are thick mud and sopping wet. They've had a play, Zen investigated a Daddy Swan who was On Guard because Mummy Swan is on the nest, no sign of the yearling swan, he must have been chased off, mind you never usually see them with their parents as long as that, so he had a good innings. Daddy Swan not happy to see Zen and let her know it, so she may be more respectful in future, but I doubt it, she keeps her brain cell so well hidden even she doesn't know where it is. Hardly anyone out,one good thing at least, those I saw were on their way home as it was pouring down, just us then Got Cariad and Lona out for a quick walk round the village and back again. Luckily beds not too bad and they were done quickly, girls supplied with bones and now probably sleeping and drying off. Interestingly Zen is now installed in the little kennel, wondering if its a case if you're in season thats where you go, because she is rarely in there, but that is where I found the blood and at first thought Mabs or Kesh had had a split season and didn't check Zen at first.
I am in dry clothes and having a bacon and cheese butty with a mug of tea. Kitchen is a mudbath, thank goodness I put old sheets down in the living room as they are filthy and full of muddy paw marks.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >