View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Just had a phone call from Dillon's insurance broker VIP. You are or were with them June weren't you ?
Insurance claims through vetsmedicover.

Dillon's insurance has increased over 4 years from £30 something pounds a month to £76 or there abouts a month last year we were happy to pay it as he has £10,000 lifetime cover so elbows hips etc., covered if medication needed we know there will be no operations performed as orthopedic vet said at his age to much to go through and no target .
So the result of the phone call from the broker is his premium will go up to £103 a month and they will only cover his elbows etc., for £3000. Anything else will be covered for £10,000 till is suits I suppose.
She was saying how sorry they were this is happening and some clients have made a complaint to vetsmedicover and the insurance ombudsman to have their £10,000 upheld even for the chronic conditions. I broke down I said they are playing with our pets lives.
Am going to have to speak to Gorden and see what we do if we go elsewhere his hips and elbows will be excluded altogether. If he needs medication £3000 won't go far. I am reeling and so annoyed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Jeez Lynn, you are right...£3000 goes nowhere..i mean xrays are about 75 quid a plate aren't they....will you put in a complaint too?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 12:30 PM
I think we will griff. His x-rays and removal of the cyst from his paw came to just over £300 and the referral to the orthopedic vet.
His ct scans to determine the problem relating to the bone spur in his left elbow came to £1600.
I am going to shop around and speak to a few companies and see if we pay a bit extra but not as much obviously as his present insurer want we can get him covered for the same or similar amount and to cover medication if and when he needs it.
If not we may have to stick with and where we are and claim up to the £3000 if and when needed for his elbows or hips (medication) and then when it runs out pick up the tab. Gorden always worries if we put money away and he needed something urgent we would not have the thousands needed straight away.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Morning everyone,
That's an absolute scandal Lynn - they really are robbing blighters at these Insurance Companies. Talk about wanting the toffee and the ha'penny.
I am convinced that the reason for the huge escalation in veterinary fees is down to the fact that these people exist. The first question, apparently, in some vets is "Are you insured" not "What is wrong with your animal?" The vets tack on the extras to these big companies and they heap them back onto you. It goes round and round in a vicious circle and the big losers are the customers and their pets.
Hope all are keeping well, off out into the sunshine now, we have a dusting of snow but it's all very pleasant outside. Very Xmas cardish! lol !
Bye for now, back in a wee while.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 12:44 PM
You are right Gordon although I do have to defend our vet they are not at all like that.
They pride themselves on putting the animal right first then discussing the money. Of course they cannot give treatment away for nothing but they are more likely to come to an arrangement with you and I do know they will discuss the price of treatment and whether it is in the animals and your interest to go ahead.
I am totally gobsmacked at the insurance I have always recommended them and they were we thought a good choice. For 4 years they have been now they have jumped on the band wagon of every other robbing insurance company it seems.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2016, 01:05 PM
we are lucky with our vet too Lynn, he sees the animal not the pound signs, he will always out line options and not push the most expensive treatment, when dex cat needed his leg amputating i said to pts... the vet asked was it the money because i wasn't to worry he would sort me a payment plan out so i didn't need to pay all that money at once...i had only known him about 6months then, 20 years on and if they go in for surgery, half the time he doesn't charge me for the fluids, blood tests etc...i think some vets go into it to help animals, others...like my neighbour has done it for the money and i know which i prefer.
all of ours are now with petplan and i must say although i had problems with them over kota, they have taken her on and were true to their word on that..told me to reapply after 2years and they would consider her again...which they did, i know that having certains breeds can be tricky as to who will cover them.we pay about £35 a month for each dog and they get about 7k per year, if they needed 2 cruciate repairs in a year we wouldn't have enough but as my mum says she would whack it on a credit card and worry about it at a later date Lol
Awww LG, sounds like it is beautiful up your way today...don't mind if it snows tomorrow as i won't be going anywhere, half an inch of snow and the buses stop running and all the taxi drivers go home
I am proper annoyed with myself, just weighed myself..thought i should so i didn't cry at the hospital...11 stone 4, i am devestated
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2016, 01:13 PM
So sad Alan Rickman has died. You never know when. Oh well going for a walk as weather looks odd out there. Bfn.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Don't be down Griff - what does it matter, it's only a reading on a machine.
You must be one of the nicest folk I've come across - you are uncomplaining, kind and forever doing your best to raise other people's spirits.
I think you are lovely, whatever a stupid machine says!
Chin up! Do something to cheer yourself up - like painting your legs with creosote or summat! LOL ! All the best. Gordon. xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Just seen about Alan Rickman elsewhere brenda very sad.
Ha ha Gordon griff creosoting her legs.

Well have spoken to Gorden we have decided we are going to tell vetsmedicover where to stick their £103 a month premium and have then have the cheek to cut his chronic conditions down by £7000 where the sun don't shine. They have as far as we are concerned broken a contract.
We will look for other cover at a lesser premium for accident and illness and put away the difference monthly for his medication when needed which could and will be hopefully a long time off yet.
Am waiting for the broker to ring me back will give them the chance to try to find someone else as they are genuinely upset at this outcome and have the dreadful job of breaking the news to their clients.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Brenda - I too have just seen the news of the sad demise of Alan Rickman, I thought him one of the very best of actors, a rare and truly gifted entertainer, a great loss in my view.
Hope by the time you read this, you've had a nice walk with Tyto and the rain etc., stayed away, bye fer now, G.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »