Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awww poor Rose, another night without your baby then. As you say, she's inthe best possible place, they can help her a lot more than you, and actually this is a good thing because they can actually see her taking a fit now and maybe learn a lot from it and maybe change her medication accordingly. Look on the bright side Rose, coz there could be a bright side to all this?? I'm hoping so anyway. I'm sure you'll have her back bright as a button tomorrow, and if they have changed her medication you might see a complete change for the future, got everything crossed. Lots of hugs for you, you'll miss her again tonight, but you definitely need to catch up on that sleep from the other night, so make the most of it, it'll soon be tomorrow! xxx
Hello Helena Yes, you are right, it is best where she is. I just feel so inadequate when she takes a fit - all I can do is hold her and talk to her. As you rightly say, the vet now can see at first hand her taking fits. The time she is in a fit has lessened and that is something. Her med will be increased. Not sure by how much as yet but will be told when I get her back. Fingers crossed, tomorrow!

I hope you are getting there as well, Helena, and I do appreciate your wishes. You take care.

Rose xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Hang in there Rose - Loki loves life too much to want to be away .

Try to rest (I know it's hard!)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx

And some from Cuz Loki
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Sorry Loki couldn't come home, but as you say she's in the best place.
Make the most of it especially while the parrots are quiet!!
Get some rest and food inside you.
Sending you lots of huggs
Many thanks Tracii and I agree she is in the best place and if it is Gillian who is taking care of her, then Loki will be in her element! She loves Gillian (one of the vets)

Now I am clock watching until 9.30 am in the morning! Oops it is morning

Again, Tracii, thank you for your words of support. I ate something - chicken supreme - ugh! A frozen meal. At least it was something!

Take care.

Rose xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Hi Rose,

Sorry to hear about Loki. I hope she is feeling better and is home with you soon. Be strong.

Take good care.

Many thanks W_N - My fingers are crossed that she will be home with me on Thursday (today now) Although, she is being well taken care of I know but it I do miss her.

Again, many thanks

Rose xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
So sorry she's not home Rose, but as Helena said, if the vets have actually seen Loki havig one of her fits they may be able to alter the medication. Take care, i'm sure she'll be home soon.
Hello Toby I believe the med is being increased The last time she had a blood test, the result showed that the pb level was a bit low. So they will probably increase that.

Many thanks for your words and support. I do appreciate it.

Rose xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
oh i have only just read ths i am so sorry you going throu a bad time hun i really hope the vets get her settled for you soon so she can come home i am thinking of you both and sending hugs xxxx
Aw many thanks SJpurt - I appreciate your support. My fingers are crossed that Loki will have a fit free night at the vet and that I can get her home tomorrow.

I will pass on hugs to her from you as well when she does come home.

Again, many thanks - I do appreciate your words.

Rose xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hang in there Rose - Loki loves life too much to want to be away .

Try to rest (I know it's hard!)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx

And some from Cuz Loki
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
Oh thank you LS and I must go to bed now - although I don't feel I will sleep much! I never do at the best of times!

And thanks to Cuz Loki for all those kisses

Take care.

Rose xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Goodnight Brandykins, Hope tomorrow brings good news about your boy, try to get a little sleep although I know how hard that is.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 07:35 AM
I hope that Loki had a good nights rest (and you too!!) and that when you speak to the vet this morning that they give you good news about bringing her home.

Gentle hugs from me & sloppy doggie snogs from Louie xxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Hello Everyone I called the vet at 9.30 am (spot on) and I spoke to one of the receptionist who told me to wait until she got the note that had been left! I was rather "champing at the bit" at that! However, she came back and read it to me - it say if Loki has a restful morning, she will be sent to the Johnstone surgery where I can have her picked up. I assume that Loki did not fit during the night!

I was told to call back at 2 pm this afternoon - so everything crossed, I will have Loki home. Oh, I do hope so!

I never slept very well - if at all - during the night, just dozed!

Many thanks Heather and Zak and Nicky - I appreciate your words of support as well

I will let Everyone know at 2 pm today! Can't wait - another morning clock watching for me! I do feel a bit cheerier though, so fingers still crossed!

Again, many thanks for everyone's wishes and support.

Rose xx
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >