Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Meganrose View Post
Hi Rose Hope you're feeling better today after your fall and hipe Loki's bloods come back okay. X
Thank you Meganrose Loki's vet called me and left a message on answering machine. He wants me to call him this week. He got the results of the blood test. He said the Phenobarb was still a bit low in her blood and wants me to call him back to discuss this. He may increase the dosage I don't really want this as they make her so tired! Although she does try to overcome it Still I will listen to what he says

Re my bruises! The one on my left elbow is still sore to the touch and the scab that came broke off and blood everywhere Discovered another part of my anatomy was sore - the bottom end of my spine Ach well the joys!!

Hope you and yours all had a lovely weekend

Take care
chriseliz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi, my dog also has fits, after he has had one I give him some rescue remedy for the 'shock', and then some honey on an oatcake or something to get his blood sugar levels up. I keep a record of when he has his fits, altho we haven't found anything that sets them off yet. He now has a very plain diet and we try to make sure he doesn't get stressed - making sure he knows he is NOTpack leader etc. He is now on skullcap and valerian tincture after 3 years on pheno barbitone. I belong to the Canine Epileptic Support Group and have had loads of good info from them. Hope your dog feels better soon, and the fits don't come too regularly.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by chriseliz View Post
Hi, my dog also has fits, after he has had one I give him some rescue remedy for the 'shock', and then some honey on an oatcake or something to get his blood sugar levels up. I keep a record of when he has his fits, altho we haven't found anything that sets them off yet. He now has a very plain diet and we try to make sure he doesn't get stressed - making sure he knows he is NOTpack leader etc. He is now on skullcap and valerian tincture after 3 years on pheno barbitone. I belong to the Canine Epileptic Support Group and have had loads of good info from them. Hope your dog feels better soon, and the fits don't come too regularly.
Aw many thanks for all the useful info you have given me. Sorry your dog takes them. It is frightening. I too keep a diary. I have tried to think what sets her off but nothing comes to mind! The ones a week past Thursday were not nearly as bad as those back in March, when she had to be hospitalised for a night!

Loki, at times, thinks she doesn't have to eat! I still give her kibble but with a bit of chicken breast cut up in it, or some tuna. If I don't do that and just the kibble on its own, she refuses to eat it!

Again, many thanks for your advice and hope your dog is getting on well.

Take care.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7