register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Hiya b/s good girl, try not to worry, once they know for sure then they can start treating her straight away

Each vets does thing different, I`ve heard of vets taking blood from the jugular, mine doesn`t he gets it from the leg, but like I said each has a preference I always hold my dogs as well when they have blood taken, I have a calming effect & know how to hold them, they`re better for me staying Even if he`s not there leave your q`s with the nurse & ask him to call you with answers when he gets in

Have a nice night with brandie & no worrying till you have to!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Ok that's good Seems an odd place to take it Especially as Brandie has so much fur on her neck. Took me ages to find the shaved patch

She seems so fine today. It's hard to see anything wrong when she grumbling about not getting her breakfast Yet just two days ago she could hardly move
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-01-2006, 08:18 AM
good luck at the vet today
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Really hope everything goes well at the vets today. Thinking of you...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:34 AM
So sorry to hear the it wasn't the best news at the vets yesterday Brandiesnap I hope that you find out today what the problem is then they can start treating her (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS BRANDIE AND BRANDIESNAP))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )

Everything still crossed
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Very sorry to hear she still isn't well hope the vet finds out what it is soon.

Big hugs to you both xx
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks everyone for your concern and kind words I'm feeling more positive today
Didn't find out anything else today though, the vet was in surgery so it was just in and out for Brandie.

I have to wait a few days then the vet will phone to discuss the results Then we go from there.

So glad we have her insured I didn't know blood tests were so expensive. She's worth it though of course She's feeling ok today so hoepfully that will last all week
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm glad she's feeling ok Brandie, and sorry you've got to play the waiting game now. If you haven't heard anything by Friday I would give them a ring, coz my vet was none too good on the "we'll ring you when we know" bit and it turned out twice that when I rang them at lunchtime, miraculously the results had come in by 3pm that same day!? Otherwise, you'll be pacing around all week-end won't you Don't worry too much though if they're not back, coz one of mine took 10 days to come through . Maybe if you have to ring them on Friday if you haven't heard, then you could ask him what his opinions are? Anyway, you don't really have to wait until then to ask him do you, you could always ring the surgery and ask the receptionist if you could get a call from him when he's got a free minute just to ask him a couple of questions, like what particular tests he wants done on Brandie's blood? It might help to put your mind at rest if you speak to him, it would me, but you might be better off not knowing, I don't know! Still got everything crossed here for you.x
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Just try n relax till they come in, I know waitings a pain tho

Take it you didn`t ask what tests they`re doing, never mind & thansk for update
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Waiting is frustrating But at the same time I'm glad they are doing as much testing as possible.
The nurse said he would phone when the results came and discuss what they were for and what they found. I think I would rather wait until he knows for sure otherwise I'll just worry about all the things it might be! At the moment I have no idea really and I think that helps a bit.
If he hasn't phoned by the weekend I'll ring and see what's happening though
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »