Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Well the vet just phoned and it's not sounding very good
Her blood is having trouble clotting and she is quite close to it being dangerous

I have to take her back to the vets tomorrow for another blood test. And book some x-rays incase she has a tumour

I'm so worried now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 12:54 PM
OMG poor Brandie, and poor you! This is not the news we wanted to hear is it, and I don't know what to say Brandie, I feel so very sorry for you having to go through all this with her, but try and stay positive if you can. I don't know anything about this clotting business, but I do know they can actually tell in a human if you have a tumour by doing a blood test (been there). It's probably to do with the fact that she has too many white blood cells, as the red ones are clotting agents, so they will know from that where to look next I should think. Now, it is quite normal for your vet to have taken her off out the back to do the blood test, so don't worry about that. They wanted to keep her nice and quiet with the vet nurses, and it's always best to have an anxious owner out of the way for that, so yes, that is quite normal. It sounds as if they do "in house" blood tests which is a good thing as you will be getting results quickly.

Well, all I can say is I am keeping everything crossed that it is not as serious as they might think, and big hugs to you and Brandie. Keep her nice and quiet maybe, don't bother about long walks until you've got this sorted, coz I should imagine she needs all her energy at the moment to fight whatever it is, so you really don't want to go wearing her out in any way. I wish you all the very best of luck in the World, and try not to worry too much, I know she's your baby, but you have done everything right so far by getting her to the vets pronto, and now she's in their hands, and they are brilliant and will do all they possibly can to diagnose her problems. Take care, and I will be thinking of you again tomorrow.x
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks so much helena, it's nice to have someone to talk to about it. He did say she had too many white cells yes They do the testing there but are going to send it off aswell for other tests. I'm so worried about what they might find.

I will make sure she stays nice and quiet like you said
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Hi Brandie. Well that white cell business is not too much of a problem you know, coz my o/h has the same. He regularly gives blood and last time he went they told him he has too many white blood cells, but he is perfectly ok and they didn't say he had to go and get checked out. Maybe whatever it is she has got has caused this in her blood, so I shouldn't worry too much about that one. Did you ask him what the other blood test is they have got to send away? Maybe it's an AI disease which Christine is brilliant on, as I think they have to send tests away for that one, I don't know though for sure. They had to send Cassie's last test away as there is only one lab that will do the special test for the EPI that she has, but that is nothing to do with what Brandie has, as you don't have the same symptoms with Brandie as I have with Cassie, so that won't be it (pancreas problems I mean). Maybe they are checking her for diabetes? The excessive drinking? The trouble is, they have to have certain things in their mind if you know what I mean, to be able to test blood, as there are so so many things they can check the blood for, that they could be there forever if you know what I mean. So your vet has obviously got some ideas in his head as to what he is going to test for, they really can check for just about everything in your blood. Oh dear, poor Brandie, you must feel awful at the moment, but like i said, just keep her nice and warm and quiet, and hopefully you will be worrying for nothing, it might be something quite simple they can treat her for straight away, I really am hoping for you you know!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi Brandisnap sorry it is not the best of news, but it will be good to have a diagnosis then you can treat it .

If it is just a matter of clotting, medication can be given to correct this . The increase in white blood cells could be due to there being some infection present, further tests may show this. Don't be to down, wait and see what the vet says after the tests, most conditions are treatable these days (hug)
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't think he said what they were sending the blood away for. I'll ask what he's testing for tomorrow.

I'm trying to stay positive so thanks for telling me about less serious things that it could be I'm hoping that since she has weeks in between where she is fine that it is not something awful.

Still can't stop worrying though
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 05:47 PM
aww im am truly sorry to hear that baby is not to good lets hope the vets can sort this out as soon as possible big big hugs coming your way from me and the boys
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
aww im am truly sorry to hear that baby is not to good lets hope the vets can sort this out as soon as possible big big hugs coming your way from me and the boys

Thanks I really hope the vet sorts it out soon too. Otherwise they might run out of time
Thanks for the hugs.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi B/S think I`m missing something but can`t see where vet said she has high white blood cells, sorry all I can see find is she has a problem with blood not clotting

Anyway as M says, if they are high it can be cos she`s fighting infection off.

Its best not to worry too much B/S it may turn out to be something simple & they`ve got drugs to fix just most things now

Good luck for tomorrow & try & remember to ask what they are testing for, ask them to write it down if you might forget
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks Christine, I am trying not to worry Hopefully now she's being tested for things they will be able to treat her too.
I'm not too sure what the vet said because he was on the phone to my dad, but he mentioned both high white blood cells and the blood not clotting. I will try to find out more tomorrow. Although I'm not sure if he'll even be there or if someone is just taking her blood

One more question I have about it. Is it normal that they took the blood from her neck?
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »