View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Fingers crossed we get a answer this time.

Just sat in the vets, Drews getting his booster, but the last few days I've noticed a change in his breathing, and it seems worse today, last time we were just fobbed off with ABs, and the hay and woodshavings were blamed, but he's always had the same of them, and the rabbits at the sanctuary have the same hay, and don't have no breathing problems, so I'm guessing we will just get the same today, but fingers crossed we get a better answer anyway, coz I do want to know how to prevent it happening again.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 09:29 AM
I gotta be careful what I wish for, we got a answer, the vet thinks that he has a respiratory problem that I think begins with p, its never gonna be cleared up, if he has it its gonna keep coming back, his lungs aren't crackly, and he has no discharge from his nose, but his right lung sounds harsher then it should apparently, and he's on baytril, and he has to wait to get his booster, well at least I have a idea of what it is, but I don't think I'm gonna get him a friend no more, as I asked and it can be passed on, if the other rabbits got a strong immune system it can be fine, but I don't think its worth the risk bringing in a new rabbit when I know I could end up giving them a health problem, even if the vets wrong, until its prooven poor Drew is gonna be a single rabbit, its thought to be this aswell coz of his previous problems with his breathing.