View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 10:33 AM

I've got cats to the left of me, dogs to the right.

And I really am stuck in the middle, coz if I move Im gonna wake someone up, well at least I got up at six and have already done a lot of what needs doing , but I do have a few questions, i.e. Fosterers, how do you do it? Every day I know Im setting myself up for heartbreak with these kittens, I love them like my own, treat them like my own, and have watched them grow, more mentally then physically in my flat, although I have witnessed all their physical growing too , they came into the flat, and although naughty, have learnt how to accept the dogs, they have gone from hissing at them to being caught sleeping on Diesels ribs (don't tell Diesel I told you that ), they have learnt how to use a scratching post, they have startes chirping to me when they haven't seen me for more then half an hour, and just because throughout the day, evening have been spent by Mischief trying to steal off my plate (worse then the dogs I swear!) but then by the end one or both is on my lap asleep and purring, Rebel kneads my stomach aswell, I've never known him do that, their learning how to use the litter tray properly too, theres been a few accidents in the bathroom, but as they spent most of their life in a carry box and the kitchen I can understand, but yesterday for the first time I noticed them digging a hole to use before going, and covering properly, little things, but big things, and Im so proud of them, but I know one phone call, thats all it will take one, and they'll be gone, and that breaks my heart, Im giving them all I can
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Like I said Im giving them all I can, and I know it will be better for them to go sooner rather then later, but how do you prepare, and then cope with the heartache that comes with doing this?
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 01:03 PM
i dont foster, but my mum does.

i honestly think that the easiest way to look at it, is your looking after them for a friend. (ok so you know they are looking for there forever home, but you are just looking after them until thats found)

hope this makes sense

and {hugs} to you for when that time comes xx