Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 11:47 AM

Sad news.

Well it probally wont be for anyone else really, but I think it is.

I looked on Harmonys breeders website today, every now and again I send photos of H with news of how she's doing, and hear back from the breeder with her own news, and look on the site, then want even more buns lol, but tbh I like hearing of H's family, and am intrested in the showing side of it, anyway getting back on track, today I read that she will not be renewing her BRC (british rabbit council) membership today, although I think that she will still breed, I just think that its a shame, because aswell as another breed she breeds tri-coloured English, and I don't even know now how many BRC registered breeders there are of these anymore, last I heard there was around four, but it may of gone up or down since then, but I think its such a shame, as they haven't been in the UK long (being imported from Europe a few years ago), I just think that if the number of breeders is still so low that loosing a breeder, who is also breeding good quality rabbits (H's father has many CC's and her brother I heard was doing well) isn't good, as I've also used [a social network] to get in contact with a woman who gave this person her first tri-colours (I think it was the first) and she wasn't breeding anymore at that time, as in not breeding at all.

I just really hope that although she wont be BRC registered that she carries on, as I have fallen hard for this breed, and it would be a shame in my eyes to loose anyone who is a good breeder.