Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This is a horrible condition - we have just got through Loki having 10 fits and were starting to worry about having to get him to the vets.

Rose - give her diazepam after every second fit - i.e. after the first, third, fifth, seventh ... that kind of thing but then seek a vet after the seventh because she will have had 4 lots and tolerance to valium is a problem. Then it doesn't work.

I hope Loki doesn't have a huge cluster.
xxx
So sorry to hear about Loki again as well LS. Hope the worst is over for you too. xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Loki's had a fit...as with the others, fingers crossed that it is a one off.

I hope you both manage to get some sleep and feel fresh and settled tomorrow morning.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Everything crossed it was just a one off. Poor Loki x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

19-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Many thanks all. She took another one at 10.50 pm and I gave her her 2 x 60 gms of Pheno at 11 pm. Never gave her the diazepam, Linda, as I wasn't sure if I should give her both. Will give her another if she takes more.

The last lot of fits back last November, she took 36 fits in 2 days and I got her into the PDSA - Vets Now who work from there and are the emergency vets for Loki's vet. Then she was transferred to her vet for another overnight.

I am hoping that doesn't have to be the case this time round.

I am so sorry to hear about your Loki, Linda, and hopefull he will be over them now for a while to come.

They are awful and so upsetting to see.

Again, many thanks everyone.

Glad to say, both parrots have quietened down!! The lights are out as well! I am switching this off too, so will be sitting in the dark!

Take care.

Hugs to Loki's cousin, Loki, Linda.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-06-2009, 05:18 AM
Just an update. Loki has fitted about 5 times during the night (no rest for me, the parrots or poor Loki), brings a total to 8. The Diazepam Rectal Tubes don't seem to work for her at all!!

Will phone the vet about 9 am to see what he thinks.

Any matchsticks anyone - to keep my eyelids open

Take care.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear this, Rosey...... hopefully, it's just a one-off since the last lot were so long ago. Fingers crossed for you both and some gentle hugs for Loki x0x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Many thanks Vicki, she has now had 9 in total! Never got a wink of sleep last night. Holding her when she fitted, then going to get her ice cream, then kibble and meat sachet mixed in it and water galore!!

One consulation is that they are only lasting on average 15 seconds, that is a big improvement.

Many thanks.

Take care.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This is a horrible condition - we have just got through Loki having 10 fits and were starting to worry about having to get him to the vets.

Rose - give her diazepam after every second fit - i.e. after the first, third, fifth, seventh ... that kind of thing but then seek a vet after the seventh because she will have had 4 lots and tolerance to valium is a problem. Then it doesn't work.

I hope Loki doesn't have a huge cluster.
xxx
Oh Linda, I just wanted to send you a hug xxxx
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Many thanks Vicki, she has now had 9 in total! Never got a wink of sleep last night. Holding her when she fitted, then going to get her ice cream, then kibble and meat sachet mixed in it and water galore!!

One consulation is that they are only lasting on average 15 seconds, that is a big improvement.

Many thanks.

Take care.
It is good they aren't lasting as long, please accpet a hug and some virtual matchsticks from me. I hope it al settles.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Big hugs to you and Loki Rose. Fingers crossed all is well today xxxxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Many thanks, Ramble and WH, she is sleeping at the moment. Fingers crossed.

I appreciate your messages. Trying to keep my eyes open! The parrots are awfy quiet now and sleeping as well - lucky them

Take care and again thank you.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »