04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by trixi View Post
we shouldnt believe everything that we read its all hearsay
What shouldn't we believe?
trixi
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
everything that is said in papers or magazines or on here or even on tv, things that are said are said to get people interested just to get ratings, like i said i dont believe in hearsay id rather get facts first.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't quit know what you mean by that but -
Darwen dog to star in EastEnders
7:20am Monday 26th January 2009

Comments (5) Have your say »

By Sally Henfield »

AN up-and-coming Darwen-born actor is to be the latest star of hit soap EastEnders — a 200lb St Bernard dog.

Two-year-old Shamus, who like most celebrities now lives in London, will be seen on our screens for the first time on Thursday when he is taken in by Bradley Branning and named Gumbo.

The dog, who was bred by Carole Parry at her business Carashon St Bernards in Darwen, is contracted to the show until June.

Carole, 62, said: “We have been breeding dogs for 16 years but Shamus is our first television star.

“We keep in touch with all our puppies' owners once they leave us and were delighted to hear when Shamus got the part.

“The producers needed a dog to take over from Genghis and Well'Ard.

"They weren't sure if they wanted a big dog but when they saw Shamus audition they knew he was the one."

Carole added: “St Bernards are wonderful dogs. They are very gentle and laid-back, as well as being very loving.

"They make perfect family pets, although they are on the large side."

Born in a litter of 13, Shamus’s success follows in the pawsteps of other family members.

His brother was best in breed at Crufts and his mother was named the Kennel Club's Top Breed Bitch 2008.

Carol said: “Shamus has also been shown at Crufts in 2007.

"As Gumbo, Bradley plans to enter him into dog shows so it is a case of art imitating life.

"We are all looking forward to watching his progress on one of the nation's favourite soaps.”

A spokesman for EastEnders said: “Shamus is a very welcome addition to the cast.

"Gumbo is a very loveable character and is sure to be a hit with fans of the show.”

I really need to try links
trixi
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:22 PM
like i said you cant believe everything you read in a newspaper, again hearsay.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh OK, I'll get me coat............
trixi
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
gloves as well its cold out there lol
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
...tonights Eastenders involves Max and Bradley talking about putting Gumbo the St Bernard to stud purely to make money. (Forget the fact about him being a top pedigree etc in the programme and him winning a 1st place - that wasn't even portrayed properly anyway with regards to entry etc.)

What I'm trying to say is that some stupid moronic folk watching this who haven't got a brain cell to rub together will think breeding dogs = money, and we all know there are enough of those folk about.

Am I being overly dramatic, or is anyone else seriously annoyed about this?
Many, many people breed to make a few quid, this is a sad fact of life. I don't think the programme will encourage it, I think alot of people think like that anyhow.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:30 PM
So what can you believe? That would imply that unless you personally know the person it is not a fact. Sorry if I am misreading your posts, but too me, they imply that pretty much everything is based on hearsay.

Yes things are said and done to get reactions or ratings and sometimes people bite and sometimes they don't. But hearsay or not it is surely up to each individual what they Chose to believe? I mean I believe Crufts for example will be happening in March, but I am not showing or competing so as I do not know that is maybe just hearsay

Sorry to OP this is off topic but I think its a valid point
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:38 PM
everything that is said in papers or magazines or on here or even on tv, things that are said are said to get people interested just to get ratings, like i said i dont believe in hearsay id rather get facts first.
Bye then
trixi
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
yes it is up to people what they believe, i was just saying how do we not know what is hearsay or true (we dont), i know nothing about showing or breeding and dont claim to i have a rotti i would never try to make money from her she is part of my family, and i do enjoy watching all the soaps and i love to see animals on tv after all we are a nation off animal lovers, i guess all im trying to put accross is that not everyone copies what they see on tv.
Page 6 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »