Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 06:39 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, August. 2020

Good morning one and all and your four legged friends. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 06:41 AM
Good mornigeveryone

Congratulations Lynn on being a great great aunt again. Hope Gorden managed to finish the decking yesterday.

Wet wet wet here. Teazle has done a quick out and in and now having had her breakfast is back to sleep. Nothing planned except to clean the kitchen cupboard fronts.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 07:04 AM
Morning Sue and Moyra and all to follow. A rainy day for more sorting me thinks. Not that I have much to do now as most of it got done yesterday ready for the Lions to take on Wednesday. I am going to pester the estate agents as to what is happening. I am not a patient person when I want things done. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra also posted and brenda and all to follow.
Wet here to and wind getting up.
Gorden unfortunately did not get the decking finished so he might be in and out if we get any dry spells.
No walk for us today Dillon decided against it. He is nearly 9 so if he wants to the avoid the wet weather and sleep on the sofa or bed who am I to argue with that decision.

Thank you for the congratulations, have had some lovely photos sent via the internet and she is a beautiful baby but to be expected her mum and nan are a pair of beauties. Her big brother who is 8 is besotted with her.

Moyra do hope the leg is feeling better.
Have fun kitchen cleaning Sue.
brenda yep keep the agents on their toes. Is the solicitor an in house one or one recommended by them do you know. Ours didn't work in their offices but was connected to them by recommendation. Or maybe you have an independent solicitor.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 08:06 AM
Hi Lynn,
It is one of theirs. I have emailed the estate agents this morning. I just hope they pull their finger out and chase whoever it is that they have to chase will do so. I am told the purchasers are being bought by an investor, whatever that means. I think I should have gone with a cash buyer if there had been one around. Who knows, I am in their hands now. Ah well I will see what the estate agent says if she replies. Which I am sure she will and probably give me the run around, maybe? Should I trust them to do what's right? So many people have a downer on estate agents. Why?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2020, 08:21 AM
I would trust them. We have sold and bought a few houses over the years and whether luck or people just put it out there estate agents are the worst I have no idea but we have never encountered any problems over the years.
They might not get back immediately due to them having other clients and issues to deal with paperwork and viewings to get done, but we have never had an estate agent not get back.
Oh tell a lie one and I fired them within weeks and got out of the contract not having to pay any pull out clause, but that was the one and only time I had ever had trouble.
I knew a lot due to our youngest once having been an estate agent, he worked very hard for his clients to keep their business and it's in their interest to work hard and make the sales happen as they get a flat wage and top up with commission so to sit on their laurels is not in their interest at
all.
I would give them a chance but would say if they stop keeping in touch and get laze then maybe rethink.
So do you mean the buyer of your property is an investor ?

As for why people have a downer on them I think they have maybe had a bad experience and like everything say for example teachers they take the rap for everything, people think teachers get so many holidays and do not realise the biggest amount of time is spent planning and ,marking for the next term inset days are not days off to shop or lie around they are in the office working and planning.
People make opinions of other people's jobs without taking the time to research and make accusations.
I can tell you Michael worked very hard would shut the office have his tea and go back out in the evenings or weekends to accommodate around other peoples working hours even though he was meant to be not working.
So like I said give them time but don't let them slack.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Good morning all from a very wet (chucking it down) and windy Skeggy.

I hope the leg is feeling a bit better Moyra and Lynn, how lovely to welcome a new little life after such a horrible year, congratulations to all concerned.

Brenda, it's the solicitors now that need the pushing. They always seem very slow to talk to each other, but once they do, things tend to move along more smoothly.

Rosie has a limp. I think she pulled it when running after her ball yesterday so it's a day of rest here. It seems a little better this morning, but we are keeping a wary eye on it.

Did the finishing cleaning touches on Gary's old flat yesterday so it's all ready for the agent to come on Thursday.

We have to chase up the plumber soon to see when he's going to come and do my bathroom. Like you, Brenda, I have little patience
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone.

Have a great day everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Lynn the buyers have an investor buying their place. I am sure I was originally told that they didn't have a chain. Surely an investor buying theirs is a chain of sorts?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 09:52 AM
It's definitely a chain because there are three houses in the mix, Brenda, unless your buyers are renting their present house and the house is being sold by their landlord?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >