Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by springergirl View Post
hi there,

one of the threads mentioned about there being very little heelwork in HTM. well if you read the kennel club rules as of jan 07 it states at least 2/3 is compulsary heelwork and 1/3 is freestyle, freestyle is where anything goes. i think alot of people are getting confused between the two. both are completely different disciplines. by the way it takes alot of obedience, focus and concentration for the dog to be able to perform 2/3 heelwork in the HTM routines. they have to watch every move you make, as most moves are by visual and body language. hope that clears it up for you!!
Hi, thanks for that, I think the muddle is "competitive obedience may well be far more structured, but what we see on the short video's ie: the borzis & min dash have no heal work in them so to speak, I dont watch competitive HWTM I just noticed in most of what I have seen recently is has little obed in it, I work dogs up to B obed and some of the stuff in HWTM can make training a bit less boring, eg spins twist and opposite side heal work,
I think alot of what we see is not competitive under KC rules its just folk having a mess around with there dogs, need to go watch some competitive stuff now to compare, lol
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10