23-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by TalitiaJaxleigh View Post
I'll start creeping to my other half then
Sounds like a plan.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Lets be clear here, i never put in any of my posts that if a dog killed my cat i would have it / or want it PTS! **What i did say was if a dog killed my cat, i would report it to the appropriate authorities
I did not say anywhere a dog should be kept muzzled, i have mixed feelings on that issue but that is a subject for another thread!

Regards the dog on its own property - a cat wandered into the garden & the dog killed it neighbours witnessed the scene & called the aurthorities. They said no action was taken as the cat was a stray. Its owners moved house & left it & neighbours had been feeding it. The owner of the dog was spoken to with regards leaving the dog while they were
out at work. This incident was shown on tv.

"instinct" is a better word than killing for survival. I dont believe a well kept pet dog kills anything for survival. Doing it as Muttzrule points out on "instinct" is a much more appropriate word

I can see where you are all coming from, however what about dogs bred/trained for fights, do we label them*all the same. Do we class them all as one *& no one should have a PB as a pet just in case it acts on "instinct" ? There are many pet Pitts who get on with other household pets, who are as soft & loving as my own dogs.

You can get cat friendly ex-racing dogs.- some charities cat test the dogs before homing them yet these are dogs*Initially had been trained to catch small fleeing creatures/lures.*
So what would you want the 'authorities to do? They have no recourse in law to take a dog and pts if it kills a cat in its own garden, same as if it kills a cat in the street. I know - I have had to ask!

I cannot see where anyone has labels any dog breed as all the same, Im not sure where that comes into it.

Yes you can get some small furry friendly greys but certainly not very often. And what would you suggest I do with mine that are not cat friendly when a cat is in there garden?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
So what would you want the 'authorities to do? They have no recourse in law to take a dog and pts if it kills a cat in its own garden, same as if it kills a cat in the street. I know - I have had to ask!I cannot see where anyone has labels any dog breed as all the same, Im not sure where that comes into it.

Yes you can get some small furry friendly greys but certainly not very often. And what would you suggest I do with mine that are not cat friendly when a cat is in there garden?
This is what i've tried to explain all through this thread but to no avail !!!!

But didn't you know that a dog that is in its own garden is not under proper control i've been told i'm irresponsible and should muzzle mine in its own garden on another thread in the past
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
This is what i've tried to explain all through this thread but to no avail !!!!

But didn't you know that a dog that is in its own garden is not under proper control i've been told i'm irresponsible and should muzzle mine in its own garden on another thread in the past
What good would muzzling do if (hypothetically speaking) another dog broke into your garden & attacked your dog with its muzzle on
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
i've been told i'm irresponsible and should muzzle mine in its own garden on another thread in the past
on here? wow people dont ever fail to surprise me
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:06 PM
And what would you suggest I do with mine that are not cat friendly when a cat is in there garden?
why should you do anything? Your dogs, in YOUR garden. If people want to let their cats roam the streets letting themselves into others property then they run risks of their pets being hurt let that by dogs, cars, yada yada..
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:08 PM
What good would muzzling do if (hypothetically speaking) another dog broke into your garden & attacked your dog with its muzzle on
I don't want to put words in her mouth, but I think it has to do with Cats getting into her garden and being attacked by her dog.

I seem to recall a thread that was similar.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Hypothetically speaking if another dog broke into your garden and your dog killed it would you expect the owner of dead dog to call the authorities on you for having a dangerous out of control dog?

I think you have already said you would put your dog down if it killed another dog but I just wonder who you think would be at fault in this situation?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:11 PM
So what would you want the 'authorities to do? They have no recourse in law to take a dog and pts if it kills a cat in its own garden, same as if it kills a cat in the street. I know - I have had to ask!

Why would you want/expect the dog PTS?

I cannot see where anyone has labels any dog breed as all the same, Im not sure where that comes into it.

Yes you can get some small furry friendly greys but certainly not very often. And what would you suggest I do
with mine that are not cat friendly when a cat is in there garden?
What do you presently do?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
why should you do anything? Your dogs, in YOUR garden. If people want to let their cats roam the streets letting themselves into others property then they run risks of their pets being hurt let that by dogs, cars, yada yada..
This is what Im trying to find out. People are saying that they would report it to the authorities and that it would be my fault etc etc - I just dont get that. My dogs are all walked muzzled because I know what they can do. Some people have said yes their dogs have chased cats small furries etc - the difference is my dogs are a damn site faster than most and they will catch them - hence I try to do everything in my power to prevent it happening. But how can I control other peoples pets? My old grey was a very successful racer try training that out of her!
Page 51 of 56 « First < 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »