Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
What do you mean? You put strips through it poking out? Push it across where the cap would go? Or tuck it right inside?
Assuming you mean this one? (I have a couple of different designs)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d...ty_balls/62847

I actually prise the flaps open and put the food in the central bit - nothing sticking out
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks! Yes that's the one I've got, I'll have to give jamming treats inside a go, just worried he'll chew the flaps off! Do you find any other the other in the range good then?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks! Yes that's the one I've got, I'll have to give jamming treats inside a go, just worried he'll chew the flaps off! Do you find any other the other in the range good then?
I push something long like dried fish/carrot right through the little fingers/flaps and out the other side so when its eaten a tantalising bit gets left in the middle, (also bits of kibble will fit under the fingers/flaps). The balls are made of the same odd material as Orka toys and dogs don't seem able to chew it.

I wondered about buying more disks and baking them in the oven until hard .
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I have one of these as well
http://www.petproblemsolved.com.au/index.php?p=10_18

I did have the everlocking treats to go in them, but they got through them pretty quick as well!

They love the material as it seems to have a great texture to it. Gab has had some good chomps on it but it seems to be holding up.

One of Mums dogs has managed to remove a bit of the edge of one of hers (like the one you have) but that seems to be all the damage done.

ETA....I had thought to try 2 of the medium blue ones with the everlocking treats (but I ordered a large by accident, so I have a medium and large one! )
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 08:50 AM
What do you mean? You put strips through it poking out? Push it across where the cap would go? Or tuck it right inside?

BD, I assume you have the smaller size ad you have small dogs? The smaller ones are a lot cheaper, unfortunately my jumbo pup needs the biggest size or he'd be eating the ball as well as the caps
I have the medium one.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Oh, I hate when that happens. Jake, thankfully isnt that strong a chewer so might get one for him after reading other peoples experiences. I tried a treat ball for him (where they roll it around and the treats fall out) but he just wasnt interested. So maybe this one will go down better lol.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I've officially given up on the biscuits, don't last two mins and expensive anyway however.....having experimented a bit, I love the ball! Cain hasn't managed to chew it at all and this flaps maje it really hard to get treats out. It's the only toy that he hasn't managed to get every single last thing out of, which means he finds it a challenge. Our fav is a mix of rice, mashed banana and yoghurt with a few bug chunky biscuits like the large markies all packed inside and frozen. That keeps him busy while I'm at work! Money well spent I have decided
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Try a dentastix in the microwave for about 10 seconds, they go very pliable and they can be easily moulded into the centre of the ball. They soon go hard again and last a good time!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Try a dentastix in the microwave for about 10 seconds, they go very pliable and they can be easily moulded into the centre of the ball. They soon go hard again and last a good time!
Ooh thanks, good idea. Cain loves dentastix so I'll definately try that.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2