Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 06:12 PM

Everlasting treat ball....so disappointed :o(

So I spent £20 on an Everlasting Treat Ball in the hope of finding something long lasting and safe to leave Cain with at home, I'm yet to find a doggy puzzle that takes him more than 10 mins to work out. It has great reviews about how it occupied peoples dogs for hours.....well not Cain.

He crunched through the top of the treat cap in minutes then it got slippery, fell out and he scoffed it in one min flat!!!! I know ever lasting isn't accurate but I had hoped for longer than 10 mins!

So £20 for the toy and £7 for a refill pack of 2, I'm feeling very disapointed and a little ripped off. I'm sure it would be great for a gentler dog but not Cain who really works to get his food!

I bought a refill pack so I'll try that and see if it goes as quick again. If so there is no way I'm spending £7 a go for a chew that lasts a few minutes. It'll be going on Ebay! Massively disappointed.

Anyone else got one? Did you find it good?

Can anyone suggest a good interactive toy for a smart pup, ideally one he can be left home alone with. He already has a Kong, treat ball, tug a jug, dog pyramid, busta cube and an amaze a ball. Wow he sounds spoiled I just like to keep him entertained when I'm out.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
We have some toys for our dogs that I cannot remember the name of but I will try and describe them. They are Spqaure and like a board game with sliding squares (similar to those plastic jigsaws where you slide each piece to make the picture), but with this you put treats under the squares and the dog has to work out the pattern to unlock the treat...keeps them quiet for ages!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi Amanda I have one having first learnt about them from Borderdawn who I think saw them at Crufts a couple of years ago.

I have the small size . The first couple of treat disks were rock hard and lasted for about 2 weeks, I found the ball excellent and it absorbed a dog for a couple of hours each day .

The second lot of disks were softer and didn't last so long, a few days.

I haven't bought any disks for a while, (I stick a piece of dried fish through the fingers ) perhaps they have changed the composition of the disks again and they are not lasting so long? I would query it with the company
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Mine love the toys- but the refills are gone in seconds.....they know the trick of getting them out and thats that.

However - a strip of pigs ear, or something similar on the inside bit seems to work quite well.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I find the ETB super! I dont use their disks (although they love them) I just put cheese or a dentastik in them, last for ages, love them!
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I hate it when an expensive toy doesn't live up to it's expectations!!!!!

But... I found that if you go back to the shop where you've bought it, or if you contact the makers.... so far I've always either had my money back, or I've received a replacement... don't just let this be 20 quid down the drain....

ps... never used to do this, but since I've had Tess there just seem to be too many toys which don't live up to their expectations.....

good luck!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
Hi,

I hate it when an expensive toy doesn't live up to it's expectations!!!!!

But... I found that if you go back to the shop where you've bought it, or if you contact the makers.... so far I've always either had my money back, or I've received a replacement... don't just let this be 20 quid down the drain....

ps... never used to do this, but since I've had Tess there just seem to be too many toys which don't live up to their expectations.....

good luck!!!!
I quite agree, my treat ball was less than half of that price!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I find the ETB super! I dont use their disks (although they love them) I just put cheese or a dentastik in them, last for ages, love them!
I'm glad it works for you, as I said I heard rave reviews for it on the Internet. I saw it at Crufts 2 years ago and have wanted it ever since but the price put me off. Now I finally got it, I was expecting great things however nothing gets past old Jumbo Jaws here

Thanks for the ideas. How do you put a dentastick in? Do you push it through the middle and leave bits sticking out? Or jam it right inside?

I've found a suggestion online about putting the edible caps in upside down which will hopefully make it last longer (although I imagine it won't stop it slipping out)

I'll just have to get imaginative with other ways to use it! And maybe buy the caps just as a treat occassionally. I may do as Mini suggested though and write to the manufacturer to query the toughness of the treats. The ball I bought was in really dusty packaging and must have been in the shop ages. I wonder if maybe the treats get softer with age?

I've wanted this toy for ages and I really want to like it, might just have to get creative
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Mine love the toys- but the refills are gone in seconds.....they know the trick of getting them out and thats that.

However - a strip of pigs ear, or something similar on the inside bit seems to work quite well.
What do you mean? You put strips through it poking out? Push it across where the cap would go? Or tuck it right inside?

BD, I assume you have the smaller size ad you have small dogs? The smaller ones are a lot cheaper, unfortunately my jumbo pup needs the biggest size or he'd be eating the ball as well as the caps
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I bought 5 of the everlasting balls, for my five, my older dogs took about an hour maybe two to eat the filler, my youngest, managed to clear it up in less than half an hour, got to say I was pretty dissappointed to say the least as they were the largest ones I could get for the bigger dogs, I refuse to pay for the refils seeing as they dont actually last, so now we have 5 balls for the dogs to play with instead

Mo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >