Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
If that councillor kicked my dog she would have been prosecuted, or got the same treatment from me - my 'religion' says backwards animal abusers must be punished
She would only have been prosecuted if the RSPCA and CPS etc pursued the case.

And if you had kicked her then that a) brings you down to her level and b) makes you liable to prosecution for assault.

As said many times before on many threads, two wrongs do not make a right.

Of course you could pursue a civil suit, if you had enough money to burn!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 02:36 PM
You are joking about allergies Azz?! Of course it can be life threatening, particularly with close contact in an enclosed space, for someone who is also asthmatic.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
You are joking about allergies Azz?! Of course it can be life threatening, particularly with close contact in an enclosed space, for someone who is also asthmatic.
i think his point was you were clutching at straws using that analogy in the first place
(says he, an asthmatic )
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
She would only have been prosecuted if the RSPCA and CPS etc pursued the case.

And if you had kicked her then that a) brings you down to her level and b) makes you liable to prosecution for assault.

As said many times before on many threads, two wrongs do not make a right.

Of course you could pursue a civil suit, if you had enough money to burn!
Doh!
Azz, you should know should know how the criminal prosection system works...tsk tsk...

SB, you are being unnessecarily pedantic and disingenuous

Of course if someone kicked your dog you'd react.
You'd be justifed in law standing up in defence of your nearest and dearest being attacked.....which is we are really talking about here...if she did that to my dog in my prescence, of i course I would instinctively come back at here, must likely a shove.

my animal cruelty report threat could neatralise her assault report threat.

:
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
and while we continue to talk about animal welfare and how we carefully choose to source meat we have people living (in Britain) in such income deprivation that they struggle to buy any food for themselves let alone 'influence' the animal welfare/food market with thier 'choices' and suffering health inequalities and reduced life-spans as a result....

sorry totally OT, thats pretty much all I will say on that, just had to throw that in there!

Of course no one (in their right mind) wants animals to suffer any more than they need to.

I do think that these topics should be covered in schools etc. People need to be educated to be able to make informed choices on this etc where able.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I do think that these topics should be covered in schools etc. People need to be educated to be able to make informed choices on this etc where able.

Yep. Totally agree.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i think his point was you were clutching at straws using that analogy in the first place
(says he, an asthmatic )
No not clutching at straws, one of
My close friends would be really ill if a dog came up and touched her. Truth. I am the same with cats. Fact.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
That's really interesting, I didn't know that.
My son is about to go to a Jewish school and I want to research kosher meat to give him the option about whether he will eat the meat, so he can make an informed choice for himself. Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated, obviously all the meat in the canteen will be
Kosher, and if he goes away with school on trips. Rightly so.

Hi RAMBLE

Great idea to give your son the info so he can make an informed choice Here is some very basic info - if you would like more details please just let me know and I would be happy to PM you with more info and also a link that might prove helpful.

Basically for meat to be kosher it has to be come from an animal that did not:
- die of disease
- suffer at all with a long death

The animal is killed with one clean, swift slash to the throat; the knife MUST be 'pure', there cannot be any faults or flaws in it that could conceivably cause pain or prevent the cut from killing.

Certain parts of animals are not used for food - there are certain veins that will never be included in any Kosher meat.

And as you may well be aware, the school will not serve any pork or any shellfish as these can never be kosher.

It is also likely that the school cafeteria will not serve dairy and meat at the same time - Jews who keep Kosher do not eat these together.

The kosher rules are very strict which is why in the UK many Muslims buy meat from Kosher butchers.

I hope this will be of some help to your son and please do let me know if I can offer more details
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
The rules for halal meat are similar. (Halal means permitted it does NOT necessarily mean it has been ritually slaughtered) eg pork can never be halal.

Ritually slaughtered meat (Zhabiha) has to follow strict guidelines for from the time the animal is born to the day of the slaughter.

The animal must be treated well during its life, fed well (and not with hormones to mature it in record time), nor fed dead animals.

It must have freedom of movement, not mistreated in any way.

On the day of slaughter it must be removed from the sight of other animals, fed and watered.

After this, the animal is restrained and there must be a special prayer said over the animal.

Then it is slaughtered with a very sharp knife which must NEVER be sharpened in front of the animal to be killed in a manner described by shariah.

The person doing this must be an adult and trained.

The animal is checked for health prior to slaughter.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-05-2011, 05:39 PM
(says he, an asthmatic )
Doh!
Azz, you should know should know how the criminal prosection system works...tsk tsk...

SB, you are being unnessecarily pedantic and disingenuous

Of course if someone kicked your dog you'd react.
You'd be justifed in law standing up in defence of your nearest and dearest being attacked.....which is we are really talking about here...if she did that to my dog in my prescence, of i course I would instinctively come back at here, must likely a shove.

my animal cruelty report threat could neatralise her assault report threat.

:
Agree with KW.... again
Page 17 of 41 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »