Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 04:28 PM

Anyone watching "Axemen" on tv Ch.5?

I just watched 2 hours back to back which Dave had taped, and found it a brilliant documentary! 5 different logging companies working out in the mountains of the NW States, with their chainsaws being followed by a camera crew! Brilliant programme, I'm hooked! All those strapping big hunky fella's risking their lives, and they nearly killed a poor cameraman at one point! HIghly recommended!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Was going to watch it, but as we already watch Dangerous Catch it got to the point of how many more series can we actually have time to watch where men are doing dangerous jobs.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 04:44 PM
I've watched some of those too Becky, but this one is really different (plus the blokes are better coz they're not wearing yellow plastic - but each to their own!!! Lol!) I "suffered" one last week that he'd taped, but now that I've watched two more and I know all the guys by name, I must admit I'm quite hooked now. I've got one more to watch but I'll save that for tomorrow
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Ahhh but you wait until it's in series 6 like Deadliest Catch. There are only so many trees to cut down and log.

OH will be watching and I'll say 'Didn't their engine flood?'
No dear that was a different boat in series 2.
Course it was.....

I'm ok though watching it though, at least it stops him putting The Dambusters on yet again!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Saw it on discovery a while back, very good but now as good as Ice road truckers
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
You're wrong there Becky, I've seen a bird's eye view of the mountains blimey,they'll be at it for a whole lifetime!!!

Seen some of those Phil, but only in parts. It took me a whole one before I got addicted with these last two, kinda like a Mars bar ya know????!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You're wrong there Becky, I've seen a bird's eye view of the mountains blimey,they'll be at it for a whole lifetime!!!

Seen some of those Phil, but only in parts. It took me a whole one before I got addicted with these last two, kinda like a Mars bar ya know????!!!
Lol, I didn't mean they'd tun out of trees!
I meant there are only so many things that can happen to make it interesting after so long.