Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 06:57 PM

Luna's still not eating properly

Hi guys

Sorry this is me ranting again!

Luna is still not eating. I had to change her food, as she got really really bad breath on it. Got her teeth checked by vet, no probs there and she suggested it could be the food. Her body might not be able to absorbe it all. And as its based on salmon its a pretty strong smell.

Changed to RC Labrador, but first of all it gives her very very smelly gas and secondly RC do animal tests!

So have decided to go back to Nutro Choice, which she got as a puppy. Started changing (over 10 days) sunday night.

Luna is still not eating every meal....... Sometimes she eats it all, other times a bit, other times again nothing at all.......

At the same time she's gone more protective in the apt, she growls and barks at every little unknown noise. She wees constantly on walks - no blood to be seen. Drinks plenty of water. No swelling anywhere. Her last season (also her first) ended on the 29. of april.

I dont know if I'm to be worried or not. What do you guys think?

Jeanette
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 07:48 PM
ooh j i really dont know what to suggest i hope somebody clever comes along soon but big hugs to you and luna
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 10:37 PM
She could be due another season J. She's showing all the signs, lack of appetite, peeing more, more protective.

Storm was like this for 2 weeks before her season started.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Ahh W thanks.

Everybody keeps saying that, but I didnt realise it could be up to 2 weeks b4, so got a bit worried again.

So I'm gonna calm down and simply let her get on in her own way and not be an overprotective mum! However difficult that may be!

Thanks to everyone else for coming with suggestions on the chat That's the great thing about a site like this, there's always someone more experienced than you, that can help.......

A big PRAISE to Dogwebs members!!!!

Jeanette
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2004, 07:49 AM
LOL ....sounds like a season pending to me as well .......one of mine has just come in 2 weeks early ....she if off to meet her boyfriend next week ......
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2004, 08:50 AM
the only other thing i can think of has she stopped growing now? reached her adult size and therefore doesn't need as much grub.and being her mum you have noticed the reduction.
i have owned a bitch but she was no different when she was due on to any other time plus we had her spayed young,so im not much help in that department.
i hope you get her eating better again i know you can get tablets from the vets to help to increase the dogs Appetite its called pep something and does help.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi all

Inca good luck with your girl.

Leo: Well she's stopped growing in height onlt need to grow in width (sp?). But she's fed after her weight and adult food.

Well I'm hoping everyone is right, and it's the season coming. I had hoped it would be a while yet, as her mum goes 9 months between each season, but hey we cant get lucky every time, now can we?

Jeanette