Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2009, 03:39 PM

Beauty Therapy advice

If I want to become a beauty therapist would I be best doing an HNC and continue to a HND or just the HNC???? Or neither??
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I wish I could help however Scotland has a different certificate to England. I have City & Guilds & VCTC in other beauty related topics.
What is HND & HNC?
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I would say go check out a local beauty therapist and see what qualifications they have. They are usually displayed for insurance purposes. Can't tell if doing a Higher National Diploma would be worth it.
Whatever q you do go for, it needs to be recognised by insurers - otherwise you could find working difficult.
Or you could try asking BABTAC http://www.babtac.com/
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I have an HND in Beauty Therapy so I would say go for it
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I wish I could help however Scotland has a different certificate to England. I have City & Guilds & VCTC in other beauty related topics.
What is HND & HNC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_...al_Certificate this explains what an HNC/D is.

Most of them look for an HNC/D up here but wasn't sure if doing the HND was worth the time or not??? So confusing lol
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
as far asi know (here) a HNC is 2 years full time which can lead you onto the 2nd year of a degree course

the HND once completed will lead you onto the final year of a degree course

so if any - HND

thats how it works in our colleges - i almost did a HNC cause they didnt offer HND

what about a degree? or a foundation degre?

hth
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
From what I have read employers accept HNC/HND, I'm really not wanting to go to uni to do a degree!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Leanne the link you sent me is Wiki, and that states England do BTEC. Im moving to Scotland and wanting to do a Foundations Degree next year. However BTEC isnt what Im doing now in England which Wiki says. Im in my 3rd year of college doing Beauty Therapy/Aromatherpy/Diploma Massage level 3 & Reflexology all by City & Guilds & VCTC.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Leanne the link you sent me is Wiki, and that states England do BTEC. Im moving to Scotland and wanting to do a Foundations Degree next year. However BTEC isnt what Im doing now in England which Wiki says. Im in my 3rd year of college doing Beauty Therapy/Aromatherpy/Diploma Massage level 3 & Reflexology all by City & Guilds & VCTC.
Yeah I noticed that England have different qualifications I noticed on the colleges I have looked at that they offer either ITEC's or HNC/HND. I felt it was better go for the HNC/D as it seems to be recognised throughout the UK even though I won't be moving in the near future!! I have applied to do an HNC in September and do a few night courses in March to help me along!!
Thanks for all the advice guys
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Best of luck when they start. You wont regret it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >