Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
trinity
New Member!
Female 

03-12-2008, 07:18 PM
strange,
did she leave anyone there- don't forget even if she left staff there,as the owner then the buck would stop with her.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
the dogs I have seen just looked really dirty, they didnt look starved or covered in sores or anything, dirty can happen in days,,,,,

for all we know anything could have happend, you cant always believe what you read in the papers or on forums

I would hate to think the woman is laying dead somewhere and everyone is giving it large on here...
Dogs don't die from being dirty and 2 have died.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Skooshbag View Post
The report says she was arrested at her home yesterday, which is presumably at the same place as the kennels, so she returned home after absconding for a number of days.

weird indeed!
thats what I had wondered, surely her home is the kennels...

It would seem she has a fair amount to answer for now then, how sad that a member of the public had to break in to find get his pet, I would be livid If I left my dog in kennels and had to break into get it back
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Why can't they name her when they have already said it's her they're looking for?

Who's the bloke?

Sorry - I still don't believe it's as straight forward as that. It just doesn't make sense.

And whilst I abhor animal cruelty of any kind and I am very concerned about the evidence coming to light over these poor, poor dogs - I still don't believe it's that straight forward.

The woman had a good reputation, she loved her dogs, having spoken to people with experience with her they believe she loved her dogs. I don't agree with having that many dogs but she's not the only one and I know of large kennels with way more dogs than I agree with but they're not puppy farms, the dogs are bred for health, conformation and temperament and get plenty of attention from staff and live together with plenty of fulfillment.

I'm not defending what she's done, I'm defending her for now... we don't know what's happened, okay, so she may not have collapsed or been into hospital but there are health problems that present themselves differently, ie. mental illness etc. and I don't believe that a woman who's devoted her whole life to breeding, rearing and showing dogs, qualifying as a VN and running a boarding kennels, would suddenly abandon them unless there was something seriously wrong.

I know the dogs are the innocent party here, they've suffered and they don't deserve to have, but I find it appalling that people can just write off other people as evil or worthless without knowing the facts.

I mean ok, people have damaged this world and cause cruelty to animals every day - it's easy to lose faith in them, but what happened to having compassion for ALL beings??

If it were a dog that had bitten, I bet some of the people who have already condemned this woman would be saying 'ah but WHY did the dog bite?'
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
How awful

But still 100 dogs? it cant really be done can it, Why have 100? thats just not right! there should be some sort of limit surely?

I thought maybe she had been taken ill or something but maybe not

poor doggies, hope they all get re-homed.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 11:43 PM
MMMMM very weird, agree with lottie really.

You don't devote your life to these dogs and then change over night. I too have heard she had a good reputation. I think maybe financial worries may have led to a break down of some sort...

It will be interesting to see what has happened.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Dogs don't die from being dirty and 2 have died.
One was PTS one died at the Vets, nobody knows why, they could of been attacked by the other dogs or anything, not one animal on that site was underweight, or in "poor" condition apart from those two.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
One was PTS one died at the Vets, nobody knows why, they could of been attacked by the other dogs or anything, not one animal on that site was underweight, or in "poor" condition apart from those two.

Thank you dawn, well said, yes its horrid that a dog has died at the vets and another was pts.. but as you say we dont know the reason for this yet,

I think people are far to quick to judge, untill the facts are known........ I for one will not judge.

as I said before, the dogs I have seen just looked dirty, they didnt look starved,
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 11:24 AM
I take on board what all of you are saying, but the facts are, the RSPCA do NOT get involved (we all know that don't we, we're usually slating them!!!)unless there is serious neglect of animals! How many times have you or I phoned the RSPCA about mistreated, neglected dogs, only to have them phone us back saying "the dogs are well covered, they have water, there's nothing we can do" So to me, for them to take her to Court so very quickly too, must mean they have seen some appalling sights in these kennels. Sadly, there are some breeders who are only in it for the money, fact of life, and she may well have had a good reputation, but that doesn't alleviate her from being one of those who are purely in it for the money (why have 100 otherwise????)and when the money runs out, the rest is history. None of us knew her personally, or did we??? IN which case, how come we have summed her up as an avid doglover of that breed, breeding to further the breed, when we can only go on face value of what we have read about her or God forbid from her OWN website????

I'm all for giving a human compassion, same as a dog, but not when I can only go on such appalling evidence of her neglect, coz that's what it is, and if you're a TRUE animal lover at heart, there is no way in this World that you would let your animals suffer like this no matter how hard times got or how mentally impaired you got, somebody would take over and get something done about it, i.e. that daughter of hers, the numerous staff, etc. etc. etc. No doubt she'll have a good solicitor in Court who will plead insanity on her behalf to get her off, but I won't believe that until I see doctor's evidence I'm afraid!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I take on board what all of you are saying, but the facts are, the RSPCA do NOT get involved (we all know that don't we, we're usually slating them!!!)unless there is serious neglect of animals! How many times have you or I phoned the RSPCA about mistreated, neglected dogs, only to have them phone us back saying "the dogs are well covered, they have water, there's nothing we can do" So to me, for them to take her to Court so very quickly too, must mean they have seen some appalling sights in these kennels. Sadly, there are some breeders who are only in it for the money, fact of life, and she may well have had a good reputation, but that doesn't alleviate her from being one of those who are purely in it for the money (why have 100 otherwise????)and when the money runs out, the rest is history. None of us knew her personally, or did we??? IN which case, how come we have summed her up as an avid doglover of that breed, breeding to further the breed, when we can only go on face value of what we have read about her or God forbid from her OWN website????

I'm all for giving a human compassion, same as a dog, but not when I can only go on such appalling evidence of her neglect, coz that's what it is, and if you're a TRUE animal lover at heart, there is no way in this World that you would let your animals suffer like this no matter how hard times got or how mentally impaired you got, somebody would take over and get something done about it, i.e. that daughter of hers, the numerous staff, etc. etc. etc. No doubt she'll have a good solicitor in Court who will plead insanity on her behalf to get her off, but I won't believe that until I see doctor's evidence I'm afraid!
Excellent post, I too wondered if there was nothing wrong with these dogs why they were taken away.
Page 6 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »