View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I think Hali is correct. Unless the owner surrenders the dogs it will be months before a court ruling.

Does anyone else find the idea of 100 dogs rather puppyfarmish?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Im not going to make assumptions, It all seems a bit strange to me, I hope nothing terrible has happend to the owner, In the case that nothing has, well then she has much to answer for ,.
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Does anyone else find the idea of 100 dogs rather puppyfarmish?
Just a tad. One of my initial thoughts after reading what I have read over the past day was that she turned from breeder into farmer in order to pay the bills, paid off the staff to save money(hence the reason no staff were present) but things got too much and she took a walk.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Im not going to make assumptions, It all seems a bit strange to me, I hope nothing terrible has happend to the owner, In the case that nothing has, well then she has much to answer for ,.
There's rumour flying around that she's on holiday, Teneriefe and the USA seem to be popular speculative choices, but surely (assuming she travelled on her own passport and not a fake one) they would be able to trace her through the airlines passenger manifests, or perhaps by bank statement/credit card trail etc. She's been missing for well over 24 hours, so shouldn't she be classed as a missing person? Mebbe the police would do well to make a mugshot available to the public, after all, there is ALOT of public interest in the story
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Read about this yesterday. Shocking. I wonder what happened to her. I wonder if she has just done a runner...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1994069.ece

98 dogs? How could she alone properly look after 98 St Bernards? I think it's outrageous that she had this number of dogs. Did she have relatives or staff to help care for them?

Surely the RSPCA can seize the dogs in conditions like this without her permission?

Sorry if this has all been said before, haven't read the whole thread thoroughly.

Poor dogs.
Quote from that link!!!!!!"She is a founder member of the Kennel Club’s Accredited Breeder Scheme and charges up to £13 a day. Unquote flaberghasted, but then again.......

Poor,poor creatures, some people sicken me! Talk about a con merchant or WOT! I wouldn't mind so much if she didn't use animals to do it!!!!!! All in the name of money!!!! Makes me sick to keep reading these latest headlines!!!

If she was ill, then those dogs would NOT be in the state they are, because this has been going on for far too long, and she would have been in hospital, or if she collapsed somewhere, then she would have been found well before these poor creatures ended up in this state!!! It's bl**dy appalling in my eyes, stop defending her, I bet the RSPCA aren't when they're having to deal with her leftovers!!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Skooshbag View Post
Just a tad. One of my initial thoughts after reading what I have read over the past day was that she turned from breeder into farmer in order to pay the bills, paid off the staff to save money(hence the reason no staff were present) but things got too much and she took a walk.

There's rumour flying around that she's on holiday, Teneriefe and the USA seem to be popular speculative choices, but surely (assuming she travelled on her own passport and not a fake one) they would be able to trace her through the airlines passenger manifests, or perhaps by bank statement/credit card trail etc. She's been missing for well over 24 hours, so shouldn't she be classed as a missing person? Mebbe the police would do well to make a mugshot available to the public, after all, there is ALOT of public interest in the story
has anyone confirmed her daughter has been left behind or is this untrue....
I would think if she is missing someone would need to file a missing person report, but if there is no one to do this the police may put a statement out asking here whereabouts.
Its all a bit strange tbh
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Quote from that link!!!!!!"She is a founder member of the Kennel Club’s Accredited Breeder Scheme and charges up to £13 a day. Unquote flaberghasted, but then again.......

Poor,poor creatures, some people sicken me! Talk about a con merchant or WOT! I wouldn't mind so much if she didn't use animals to do it!!!!!! All in the name of money!!!! Makes me sick to keep reading these latest headlines!!!

If she was ill, then those dogs would NOT be in the state they are, because this has been going on for far too long, and she would have been in hospital, or if she collapsed somewhere, then she would have been found well before these poor creatures ended up in this state!!! It's bl**dy appalling in my eyes, stop defending her, I bet the RSPCA aren't when they're having to deal with her leftovers!!!!
the dogs I have seen just looked really dirty, they didnt look starved or covered in sores or anything, dirty can happen in days,,,,,

for all we know anything could have happend, you cant always believe what you read in the papers or on forums

I would hate to think the woman is laying dead somewhere and everyone is giving it large on here...
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Just stumbled upon this:

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Ke...ice.4759179.jp
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Still very very weird though...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Well then, I rest my case!!! She's released ON BAIL until January, so let's just see how innocent she is when she's up in Court then!!!!
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2008, 06:49 PM
The report says she was arrested at her home yesterday, which is presumably at the same place as the kennels, so she returned home after absconding for a number of days.

weird indeed!
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »