View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
its very sad .it make you think like some one mentioned ,she may have been rushed in the hospital ,but someone else could have steped in ,its such a shame poor dogs
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Johnderondon - just read your post. Thanks.

It really sounds to me like a case of loving the dogs too much.

Remember the woman who had loads of GSDs in poor condition and wouldn't let them go?

It sounds, as someone else said, that she's gone bust, laid off staff, couldn't cope, tried anything to keep the business afloat so she didn't lose her dogs and eventually couldn't cope, hence the condition of the dogs.

What I can't believe, is that after a whole life dedicated to dogs, someone would leave them all and set up a new life elsewhere, I think it sounds like she's 'done something stupid'.

To me, it seems she used to have a very good reputation and did really care for her dogs (from her 2006 website) but things have spiralled out of control. If it was someone who hadn't ever cared then yes, they may start a new life somewhere but I don't think this is the case here...
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:48 PM
It is all very strange If she had left her 15 year old daughter looking after the dogs (I'm sure that's what I read earlier on in the thread) then I would imagine that she hasn't done a runner. Perhaps she has had some sort of breakdown or done something silly..... I hope not for her daughter's sake

It all sounds very, very sad. We don't know anything about the dogs that died - we think the worst but perhaps they were really old.

I wonder how much it costs to feed 100 dogs a day
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
My friend the groomer has been grooming some more of them today.The dogs are all numbered as part of the investigation.She said they were all freindly and were getting lots of cuddles and giving kisses. She did some adults and some pups.

The latest news is that she has gone on holiday, but not sure where that has come from so to be believed with caution.
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2008, 10:49 AM
anyone got any more info on this?
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
There is some evidence to suggest that the problems may have been festering for months.

Corby Council leader and dog owner Pat Fawcett said: "I fell out with Wardana over my dogs about May or June time. I took them there when I was going to the local government conference. They seemed to be having problems. My dogs didn't like going."
http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Br...ned.4750150.jp

Whatever the reality may be there remains some very serious questions to be asked of the Local Authority which licensed (and inspected), the KC (who accredited and, presumably, inspected) and the RSPCA (who eventually interceded).

The Coalition for Improved Dog Ownership Standards (of which I am a member) has put questions to the relevent parties and, subject to restrictions of priviledged information, I will post here the answers we receive (if any).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Hmmmm, like I said, she's done a runner!!! She must be very ashamed of herself and so she should be by the sounds of that last information!!!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Why would she do arunner and leave her 15 year old behind though?
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2008, 03:52 PM
the more folk come forward with information, the clearer the picture will be, but I'll admit, it's not looking good for her at the moment, unpaid staff etc.........
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Why would she do arunner and leave her 15 year old behind though?
Do we know that she did though??? It said the 15yr. old was supposed to be in charge, but it didn't seem like anybody was does it?? Maybe she's gone with her, unless somebody has actually seen her (the daughter) around??? Do we know if she is?

I think there might be a lot of people who might not want to take their 15 yr. old daughter with them if they behave like this with animals, dontcha think???!!!
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »