View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2015, 12:30 AM

Do you like the town and house where you live?

I like my town, I'm back to where I grew up. There are lots of parks for dog walking, quite near the coast and countryside for walking. I find the majority of people friendly even the 'neds' or 'jakies' lol There are a lot of cafes and restaurants, cinema, theatre, bingo hall, gyms and clubs.

The shops are nothing special, just the usual, same as every town in the country and lots of charity shops. There are quite a few pound shops which I admit to liking but I'm not really much of a shopper.

I like my flat although that's nothing new as I've liked everywhere I've lived and although I liked having no garden at first now I have Sammy would love to have one. I'm 6 minutes walking distance from Asda and 10 minutes walking distance from the town centre so it's really handy. The only thing I don't like about the flat is that it's so cold, it's ground floor and above a basement.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 08:17 AM
I am a ground floor flat no basement though but it usually strikes cold. Fortunately we are going through a mild spell down here so not too bad as at the moment. Fair amount of green around for dog walking just too populated so walks are always interrupted by other dogs. only a half mile to local shops and a two mile drive to the nearest Tesco's. Would prefer to live nearer where I was born and brought up but that's not that far away about 12 miles or so.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2015, 08:45 AM

Love the house and quiet position . local village nearby as well
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2015, 08:51 AM
I have come full circle, lived for a while in my area as a child. Was so happy to eventually move here but, its changed so much, not so nice now
Moved to a flat from previous house, so smaller but I do like the flat, but difficult being amongst so many people - they can be very trying at times
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Very nice house Tumbleweed
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Yes I like my house and the area, I should like the house as I've practically gutted it and replaced everything over the years to suit myself. The garden is a reasonable size and the area is fine, I can see the woods and open fields in two directions and as I'm on a hill can see the centre of Romford in another direction. I've been here nearly 18 years and would be very reluctant to move.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Patzy View Post
Very nice house Tumbleweed
Thank you.
First saw it on the internet ,raced down to view, and loved it straight away. It was put on the market only 3/4 days beforehand and already had 2 couples to view and another booked for the weekend a couple of days later. Luckily the first to view ummed and arred if to buy or no, we stepped in with a cash offer with no mortgage. The owners accepted there and then and at our request took it off the market. We had already sold where we lived and staying with Sue's sister until we found somewhere.

More a case of see it- like it- view it- buy it, after looking at several other houses beforehand. Funny how some houses one would like to live in and others no way.

Also what better way to leave something for the children when that time comes
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 09:08 AM
I live in a little two bed bungalow with a nice sized, private garden and I love it - so easy on the housework

Sea 5 minutes walk, countryside 10 minutes walk. We go into Skegness most days though for the approximately two mile walk around and some breakfast. The walk takes in the large lake, bowling greens and when it's not windy, the prom.

Couldn't wish for more now that we are winding down and not working any more. Not a place for youngsters as jobs are few and far between out of season, but we absolutely love it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-12-2015, 09:31 AM
The house I have lived in for the last 34 years was not a house I would have chosen but it was empty and ready to move into when the purchase of the house we were buying fell through at the last moment.

I have always disliked this house but it is in a beautiful location down a no-through lane and ideal for dogs and children growing up.
Down the lane...

I have always felt safe here .
In January my son will start rebuilding an old farmhouse some miles away. When the build is complete I would like to move to a nearby village where I will be able to walk to the new house though apple orchards
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2015, 12:33 PM
I like my City, yes it is a dump and it has a lot of scumbags but it is home Lol, i always come back. The place i live at the moment is my house i grew up in from 3 upwards so i am pretty happy here, would be brilliant if we had decent neighbours on both sides and not just the one (the good neighbours can be a nuisance with regards repairing things etc but are pretty good), there are a few nice places to walk and the field i walk my pups in at the moment is literally 2 minutes away and it is where i spent most of my childhood playing football, building dens in the woods etc, people always say hi to one another and although a lot of them are passing way now a lot of the older people here are the ones who have seen me grow up
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >