register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
2 Dobes
Dogsey Junior

03-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Our old phone had a secret button and if we got any telesales people whoever answered the phone would say "hang on a minute you want my dad" press the button and leave them waiting just to see who stayed on the longest
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2004, 04:30 AM
If it's the summer I simply turn the sprinkler on You can try a NO SOLICITORS sign too. To me, turning the sprinkler on is more fun, lol
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Most companies tell their agents (most of them are self employed) to ignore the NO Solicitors signs Barbara

My OH was a home improvements salesman for over 15 years and so I am quite simpathetic to them.

I have to take my hat off to the 'dumbest' sales guy on the planet who knocked on my door a couple of years ago, asking if I'd like to make an appointment for new windows. Nothing odd in that you may think, but we had a placard on the lawn advertising our own business (Home Improvements, including double glazed windows etc) on the front lawn!

The quickest way to get rid of any salesperson, allbeit on the phone or at your door, just tell them that you aren't the homeowner/bill payer!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3