Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 04:29 PM

Thunder - poor Bella

Well we have thunder lightening hail and heavy rain here and I have a petrified dog......well actually panting and under the table in the back bedroom reserved for jigsaws seems to be her chosen place today possibly because I was not fast enough to close the bedroom window and she shot up there then thunder and she shot across the landing before I could get up even four stairs. It hit fast though from nothing to this. We had just got back in from a nice walk as well - thankfuly which means no wee for a good while. (her not me that is)
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Oh Kazz, poor Bella, it just isn't fair is it. I hope she feels better soon. Give her a big cuddle from Me and Amber , God love her.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 05:10 PM
What a nightmare and you had done so much work getting her to be calmer with fireworks noise and now this ..... poor little Bella but thank goodness it didn't happen while you were actually out for walk.

We had two very loud claps of thunder yesterday and one of mine leapt in to my arms

It's really not fair is it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Big hugs for Bella I know only too well how they get Ollie was the same didn't know what to with himself.
I hope it moves on soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 05:44 PM
It has moved on however Bella is not convinced.

Thanks for the empathy everyone, much appreciated.

Actually this was worst if that's possible than the fireworks she almost stopped breathing she was breathing so hard I had to really nudge her. She is unharmed and fine not calmed down enough to take a drink though. She has broken the washing basket and almost pushed the wardrobe over trying to get down the back.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Oh bless her. Hopefully she will settle down soon when she senses it has moved on. Maybe it is hanging around nearby and worrying her still.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Kazz we had the storm too, it came from nowhere...
It is a nightmare having a dog which is scared of thunder, I hope Bella is ok now .
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 10:23 PM
We had a storm here too (probably the same as yours Meg). I do so sympathise with you and poor Bella as both of our previous dogs were terrified too, and it is terrible to watch them in such distress.

I hope that she manages to calm down enough for a wee before bed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Yes Meg it did come out of nowhere didn't it.

Good news she made it out of the bedroom at about 7ish came downstairs ate her dinner (roast chicken appears to be a magical cure-all) that was a coincidence rather than planning though. And went out for a walk at 9 with John (who was at work when the lightening hit and it went through his factory in one door out the other) WOW.

Lightening hit the roof of a friend of mines house in Yardley about this time of year in 2009 Janet was at work luckily her hubby was safe.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:23 AM
Aww, poor little thing. Jade is afraid of thunder and hides under the table scared to DEATH when a storm hits. Kinda sad, but there is nothing I can do for the poor girl.

She won't come out and she feels safer when she's hidden under there. I'll go down and pet her and call her name and whatnot, but she just shakes and looks scared.

After smashing my head on the table once... I just kinda kneel beside it now and tell her it's okay

I took this sad piccie of her one day while she was hiding in a storm and I went under there to talk to her...

One look on her face tells it all. Wish there was something I could do, but all I can really do is talk to her and then just leave her alone until the storm passes. She won't come out, even if you call her or entice her with food...

Nigredo just hears the thunder and looks around like a dolt and my last dog would bark his head off each time one clap boomed. Think he was afraid, but really not sure.