Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2014, 08:01 AM

That Was Fun!

Hi-dee-oh!

I spent the last couple days doin' a lil' constructin', and the result I believe is almost satisfactory.

(Insert Picture Here---> <---Insert Picture Here)

Hmmm!?! Ah, I see the problem! I forgot to TAKE a picture; let alone upload one! Had my Point and Shoot with me the whole time; but do you think I'd think of using it? Nope! What'm I talkin' 'bout! You ask? It's a 7 foot (2.15 meters) long boom arm for my video camera. It's attached to a swivel beside me on the canoe seat. With it I can swing the camera in front of me, to either side, and all the way behind me; for a total of about 310-320 degrees of rotation. I may not have taken any pictures, but I did make a video of it in use. WARNING! VIEWER ALERT! Yer about to be overexposed to me ugly mug!

It was a fun build, and a whole bunch of fun going out on the lightly choppy water to give the camera boom arm its test run. Bud has become such an old sea dog that he spent most of the trip curled up half asleep in the tarp "nest" I made for him. (BIG poly tarp, folded MANY times makes for very comfy lightweight doggy canoe bed!)

Anyhoo, as I said at the beginning; almost satisfactory. If you are anything like me, you spent most of the video leaning to the side hoping that the camera would straighten up! I definitely have to adjust the angle of the camera mount at the end of the boom arm. I'd better! Watching a half sideways video like that for too much longer would have me airsick, never mind seasick! lol! Anyways, That's a task for me in the morning!

Righty then, just thought I'd takes ya's along on a joyride. I mean equipment test! Yeah, that's it! Equipment test!

Cheers!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-03-2014, 02:24 AM
Nice one Cory - Canada sure is beautiful!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Good job with the camera boom thingy
Looks gorgeous there and not an ugly mug in sight