View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Afternoon all - best wishes to all on what is in our neck of the woods a very nice, bright but cold day. Been out on moor with dingoes, fed hens, polecats, pigeons etc and back for a light lunch (cheez, craks an froot). Lacey your bounce is directly related to a bout of late night puppy fever, but don't worry it will pass. The antidote is simple just think of what 8 or 10 of the little blighters would do to your kitchen - I've had this (and once 14) and believe me it is very sobering to say the least, the only way berrocca would help is if your mixed it with several large whiskies. Will catch you all later bye fer now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Hey GORDON
Berocca has the same effect on me,as drinking 10 cans of red bull I reckon....certainly gives me wings
Promised I wouldn't go on about the puppies but you've started me off now Think I could give 14 a go...I'd be sleeping beside them I love the whole pregnancy and birth part too...so exciting I tend to burn my dinner!!
Just realised I can't type of think puppies without instantly adding several bouncing Mini's
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Afternoon all

Oh Eileen, I just love your zest for life, it cheers me up no end, especially when o/h is due back tonight cos he has the effect of quietening me down, but I'm like you really, all happy and bouncy. Then again, I suppose it could get on some people's nerves couldn't it I try and pace it though, I'm not like it aaaaaaall the time You go girl, and I think another Berocca might be in order.

Hi Gordon, you've been busy this morning, no mention of your walk with the gang, maybe that'll be this afternoon after lunch.

Hi Lynn, sounds like you had a very long walk this morning, but that's the only way you're going to get to know people in the village, to get up there with the big bear cos I'm sure the whole village will want to stop and give him a hug and have a chat. Luffly

Well, I'm all done (not done in quite, but got everything done). I popped up to the van to see if they've done the fence.....that'll be a no then, BUT, the two ladies were moving in next door, and they're both very nice. We had a lovely chat, it's going to be their holiday home, they both live in Hastings and they both have dogs, so you never know, if I get to know them well enough at the park, we might be able to have a meet up and walk together up on the top or somewhere.

I did notice they moved some of my fencing at the side to accommodate the driveway for their caravan (not the ladies but the park maintenance guys when they put mine back). So I told them I'm going to dig out my pictures and compare, cos when Dave goes up there tomorrow to redo the fence at the front, he can move the zig zag side bit back to where it was. I'm not having that, them pinching some of my land

Went on our usual mid day walk up into the woods at the top and I saw that blooming lady with that saluki, but I never caught up with her cos it would have meant I would have had to run, and I don't do running uphill, and anyway, Zena was busy reading all her peemail of the day cos of course, lots of dogs have been up there since first thing, and she reads a lot, which is good, cos it wears her out a bit for her nanny nap.

I can't wait to take her for a weigh in cos she's looking gooooood, not fat at all now, not even a bit porky, she looks very lean watching her from behind. She runs much better too, without all that excess weight. There's a lesson for me in there somewhere *Eileen* gimme that wobbler and I'll come spinning with yer tonight

Jen, I hope that weather has improved down your way. I was out in just a t-shirt lunchtime, the sun was quite warm and no cold wind today, even got the front patio door open.

Bit of Jeremy then and a well earned nanny nap. I've got mince and onions cooking in the slow cooker, as I'm going to make a shepherd's pie for tomorrow, just for a change.

Catch you all later then.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Was spinning last night H,think that's why I'm wired up today.Its either that or because I spent a couple of hours with Denzel Washington last night Will be vibrating later,burn off some energy,was on the summer roof earlier,something had blown up there,turned out to a branch Give it a bit of a clean while I was there,will be taking the power hose up next Oh,that's not a bad idea actually
Been dancing with Lace,popped some Coldplay on,it's her favourite She's gone off for a snooze now,the wimp!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Yes, I did notice your mention of Denzel Washington Another one who could park his slippers under the bed anytime, along with Kevin Kostner, but he hasn't aged very well has he old Kevin? I was sooooooo in love with him in that film with wotshername You know, where he was her bodyguard??? Tcht, why can't I remember these important things...... Have fun Eileen, and be careful if you go up there with the grimebuster.....is it wise????
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, I did notice your mention of Denzel Washington Another one who could park his slippers under the bed anytime, along with Kevin Kostner, but he hasn't aged very well has he old Kevin? I was sooooooo in love with him in that film with wotshername You know, where he was her bodyguard??? Tcht, why can't I remember these important things...... Have fun Eileen, and be careful if you go up there with the grimebuster.....is it wise????
Eh...the Bodyguard??
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 01:37 PM
I have perfected the Moon Walk! Would need a large portable mirror just to make sure but I followed the online instructions and it's looking good Like to say move over Jacko,but maybe not
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 01:50 PM
What? Moonwalk? Huh? Why would we be talking about moonwalking, that way leads to accidents with unseen doors.

Been out to the council to sort out housing benefits. Been to the shops and bought way more than I intended to, although it was all needed. I've got more paper which really was needed and more importantly loo roll which was definately needed!

Printed out all the stuff I needed to print out and sorted out the stuff I needed to sort out. Just have to go to the detachment after lunch to get a map and the paperwork.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Afternoon all,

What a beautiful morning here and I walked with my neighbour who has the lab 'Meg' that we use to pick up everyday during the floods so that the dogs got a walk. We had a walk for over an hour which was lovely. I then shot over to M&S as I needed to buy some more cheap jeans for dog walking .... my existing ones are soooooo disgusting and worn now I also bought my OH a couple of lovely linen shirts for his birthday on Tuesday.

The sky is definitely more 'white cloud' than blue now so I assume the forecast will be correct and we'll have some showers at some time.

I'm just about to make a black material cover for our kindling wicker box which sits beside the wood burner, because my naughty dogs keep nicking bits and chewing them up all over our lounge carpet Hopefully this ruinm their fun and make less work for me

Helena Two nice walks behind you which is good and hopefully slimline Zena will want to have a nap at the same time as you What a good result that you no longer have to worry about those collies Incidentally if you put a little top soil down on top of any old grass before putting turf down it won't work I saw a gardening programme a couple of day ago and apparently the old grass underneath will rot and cause root rot in the new turf. Apparently you need to remove the old grass first
Nippy I am so sorry to hear about your OH. Backs are not good when you damage them and I can really sympathise with him as I have intermittent back problems. I also sympathise with you too Hopefully is he's going down with a cold he'll not share it with you. Good luck.
Moyra Everything crossed that you aren't going down with a cold (((hugs))) I think you have more than enough to cope with at the moment without being unwell too.
Lynn I bet Dillon loved the fuss when you were out on your walk At least you got out while its still dry. Good luck with the mud .... its so much harder with longer haired dogs Enjoy your afternoon and your halo should be shining anyway 'cos you did a load of housework this week ..... check in the mirror and I bet its there.
Lore I hope Dougal is OK
Lacey You really are a breath of fresh air and soooo . Maybe you can bottle whatever it is you take and sell it ..... you could be R I C H
LS That's great you met up with your friend I hope you manage to walk Loki in between showers. How's Michael's tooth now?
Gordon You certainly have a full on zoo at your place. I have to admit I much prefer animals to humans

Don't forget that 'Auf Wiedersehen My Pet' at 2.00 on ITV. I think today's episode is rehoming a beautiful horse.

See you all later.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Morning all...

Ohhh Eileen you do make me larf!!!

I just remembered I haven't checked my lotto tickets from last nights drawing, OMG I could be rich beyond my wildest dreams and not know it!!!

HI to everyone - had a read through, but TBH I need more coffee... not much going on here other than work, raining again today which doesn't bode well for the mudslide rescue they say some people will never be found, I just can't comprehend it all!

Right gotta run, gotta start work in a mo.

Happy Thursday x
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »