Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 06:35 PM

You can go off things you know?

When I think the number of times I've said I LOVE moving it is so exciting.

Well I've changed my mind - I am getting truly fed up and worn out with it all now.

Mainly due to my NON brainwave of taking over a month to complete the move thinking that would make it easier and less arduous.

Nope! It's worse than doing it in one hit and waking up next day surrounded by boxes. I don't know which flat anything is in now. I'd bite the bullet and just move to the new one now if the hot water problem was solved.

I spend half my days driving there and back having gone up and down in the lift 8 times with as much as I can carry to the car.

I've been let down several times by people who promised to help not turning up when they said they would. (I'm making mental notes of them and just wait till they want ME to do something for them next time! Oh NO)

I ended up with no canned coffee here a few days ago. That's a big disaster for me. Had taken 3 cases over to the new place and thought I still had plenty.

Was dying for a whiskey too a few days back and remembered I'd taken that over too.

Left all Bella's kibble over there the other day too (have halved it now) but as the day looms closer it gets worse with not having enough to survive properly in either flat.

Forgot my phone charger today and was almost out of battery and with no internet there yet and the TV had died - I was bored witless waiting for the plumber.

Anyway that's my rant for the day. Moving? Grrrrrr?

Had a brainwave today that I'd spend the time cleaning all the floor fans ready for summer while I waited for Mario the not very super plumber. Oh no - checked the bedroom and the lads forgot to load them! Untied my hugest plant - great big yucca type thing over 6 ft tall and I tether it to verandah rails because of the gales at this time of year. Roger was supposed to take it up to his over the weekend and forgot (that's why I untethered it) I am not moving it with me it is just SO heavy and huge I have a job to even reposition the pot an inch or so. Anyway got back tonight in the dark to find they'd had a wind storm here (missed us in Pyla) and it is flat on the verandah tiles and dirt and huge stones everywhere. Landed on my clothes airer full of bath towels And there it will have to stay until someone can help me right it again. And now the dirt from it is blowing in thro the open doors.

Yep - I now officially HATE moving.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 06:38 PM
There there, everything will smooth out before you know it and all this will be a distant memory.

Hmmmm, maybe not the lack of whisky though That might stay with you for some considerable time - what on earth were you thinking of woman

Seriously though, it will all be worth it but oh how annoying it is when people let you down.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Disaster. Bet you will be glad when its all over.

It does seem logical to split between the two but like you say it must get confusing what's where.

As for people letting you down hope you have them noted in your little book.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Yes, it sounds like it may have been better for you to have done it in one or maybe 2 hits, BUT it sounded like a good idea didn't it, I thought it was....
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Lynn - they are noted don't worry about that mate.

I have a long list now of people who it is patently obvious are only my 'friends' when I am either bunging money their way or 'helping them out' in some way or other.

That now includes my blerdy hairdresser who owes me just short of 100 euro for fecking DVD boxed sets she wanted brought back from UK (taking up valuable room in my suitcase - me leaving stuff behind) and who then of course didn't have the money to repay me because of x, y and z. Same old same old. Bad month, short wages, high bills WADDEVER. Anyway to help her out I suggested she could 'work it off' with my regular monthly trims. And work it off quicker if she came to help me one day (giving her TWICE what she earns from cleaning holiday lets per hour).

She has now let me down THREE TIMES. Different excuse every time but of course if I had been going to pay her she'd have been here like a shot.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 07:53 PM
First pic of you sunning yourself,lying out on your new patio,sipping something ice cold,I'm going to remind you of your "rant"!! Moving is stressful,2nd next to Divorce I think or so they say It'll be sooooo worth it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2014, 08:11 PM
It will be worth it when you are there and settled just don't invite the friends who aren't friends.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:05 PM
I agree that the actual act of moving is AWFUL and I am staggered that you have only just come to that conclusion

It'll all come good you'll see. I think maybe a week would have been a good length of overlap but as you've now found a few things that aren't working properly in the new place, it is probably just as well you have longer ... and don't forget little Bella is settling in too.

You are like me in that I hate relying on anyone but needs must when moving house. Pretty poor show that they didn't turn up though
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It will be worth it when you are there and settled just don't invite the friends who aren't friends.
I never INVITE people Lynn. I like my own time. I don't even like people knocking on my door much for anything. I've disabled my door bell in every place I've lived! I have my DO NOT DISTURB signs too.

Visitors are as per usual for the time of year ....

Pal next week.
Martin the week after.
Sis and her hubby end of May.

Jen says she will be over in the summer.

All MOST welcome and I can't WAIT. And wish my lovely sis was here right now to assist.

What annoyed me most today was - if I'd had internet there I could have sat working for four hours instead of just waiting (I'd done everything I could do and didn't take much with me coz was rushing over there to meet Super Mario Plumber with just half hour to get stuff in car and get there). Then I would not have felt it was a wasted afternoon - I'd have been earning about fifty quid!

Sooner I get some sort of DONGLE organised as a stop gap the better.

I still love the place. And so does Bella.

I've just got no time for what I call 'messers' - people who mess you around with changing times, days and well - it's always something - but it ends up with you not doing what you wanted to do. Or missing a chance to do something you needed to do hanging about for the no shows. Plumber is on the shite list now!