Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Morning

Thanks everyone.

It's terribly cold today and I think it will rain later. I was thrilled with not having to have the heating on recently but it's back on again now.

Have a good day everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:01 AM
morning all.
Happy Birthday Linda.
Well I'm so sorry some of you have got rain. I have just been sat on Red Adair in just a tee shirt and jeans, drinking coffee on the patio. It is lovely here sunny and quite mild.
Just the usual today, hope you all have a good day, see ya later
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Morning again everyone

Oh what a glorious walk I've just had along the top, I even dared to take that closer to the edge footpath to avoid some numpties, and it gives me the most glorious views of the next cliff cos I'm a lot further out, and the sun was glistening down on the sea below, it was all such a feast for my eyes first thing in the morning, sets you up for the day ahead and whatever that has to chuck at me

Bev, glad you're enjoying a few days break from work with that bouncy little Lyla.

Jenny, enjoy your coffee with friends after your walk with the boys.

Gordon, enjoy your walk if you manage to avoid the Mem before she hands you another list of chores. Quite a catastrophe that mud slide, and the east has now had a load of snow dumped on it, it's chaos on the news.

Hi to everyone else who's been in and yet to arrive, I'm off out to Asda now for a bit of rummaging around, and I'm going to ring the garden centre to see if their turf has arrived. I can't afford to have this back garden returfed now cos his quote was over £700 Flippin 'eck, it's only the size of a postage stamp too I'm going to patch it all up again like I usually do, it always looks nice once the new turf has taken, and I also need a few strips for up at the van by the door, but Dave can do that bit for me.

Glorious, glorious day darn sarf, I do hope it lasts all day long, I might even get some curtains washed.

Catch you all later then.

Morning Jen, glorious isn't it, I even had to strip off on my walk.....well, my jacket anyway!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Morning all
It's bright but cold here, don't know if it's going to rain. I have got washing in.
Rosie at the vets at 11 for her boosters. Going to talk to them about booking her in for being done in May.
Finish me cuppa then set off.
See ya all later
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2014, 11:11 AM
How on earth do you get hedgehog spines out of a carpet? Maybe some wide scud tape will pull them out as the vacuum cleaner did not.

Da Booga wanted out around 4am and as she did not come in straight away I called her - nada. Pulled her tether - tight as a drum. Thought oh heck she is outside, in the front where I cannot see her, having a seizure.

Grabbed my crutches and heaved outside - in my PJs - to check on her and she was just sniffing something, so plonked back in and heaved her in by her tether. She came in - reluctantly, so I closed and locked the door but she stood in the middle of the salon and would not come for me to unclip her. Most unlike her as she usually wants to sprint back to bed.

Put the light on and there she stood with this HUMUNGOUS hedgehog at her feet, rolling it around like a football.

I ended up having to drag her away and wind her rope tightly round one of Xanadu's handles, opened the door and gently roll the thing out with the toe of one of my slippers.

Checked her mouth but no spines, but how on earth she got that HUMUNGOUS hedgehog in her mouth to being it is I will never know, nor will I know how she did not have any spines stuck in her anywhere.

My slipper did and so did the carpet. The slipper [and its mate] went in the bin and I sprayed anti-flea stuff on the carpet. Frontlined Da Booga [she would have been Frontlined on 1 April but I was not prepared to take any chances of her bringing hedgehog fleas to bed.

DA BOOGA is a BOOGER
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Oh Malka, Only Da Booger eh
Was wondering about the spines in your carpet and was awaiting the story. Maybe gaffer tape would be strong enough, not a question I ever get asked, strangely enough
Dry here today, with a vague suggestion of sunshine, but felt cold when I was out with brekkies and skipping out, sweeping up.
Helena, your walk sounds gorjus, deffo not T shirt weather here, and Nippy, sat outside on Red in t shirt, well you've gorn and stoled our weather again haven't you.
Gordon, how did your hunt for Charley go last night, did you find him and show him the error of his ways, or has he lived to put your hens off laying yet again.
Happy Birthday Linda, I'm sure you got breakfast in bed....
Bev, Layla will never learn will she, at least she seems to know where home is, because she is waking up with you, despite your concerns to the contrary!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Morning all,

Malka, I did wonder about the hedgehog spines, never thought you'd have hedgehogs out there. Wow. I haven't any suggestions unfortunately, not a problem I've experienced before.

Hope everyone else is well.

I've had another night on the couch so sleep has been erratic. Going to have a coffee before making myself look semi human, then off to walk Dougal. Definately the beach today, it's beautiful out if a little chilly.

Half planning the garden as well, just to get out of the house and make the garden look half decent, or at least tidier. It looks like a ragged pile of poo at the moment. I want to really get a decent garden this year.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Ello everyone,

Oh Malka, I had to laugh at Pereg's antics. She is lucky she didn't end up with spines stuck in her mouth. Wise to frontline and be on the safe side.

My brain's not in gear so I cannot comment on everyone except to say Happy Birthday to Linda.

Have a good day everyone, hopefully I shall be back on form once I get these other teeth out next Monday and also the broken bit of tooth left in the gum this time. God bless everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi again all, I need a rant!!!

Just took Zena up into the woods at the very top of our road, turned around and came back, and as I got near my house again, I turned to come up the drive, and that bluddy white saluki was free running down the road it had obviously escaped yet again from their garden in the woods and decided to take itself out of said woods and follow us down the road.

I hate this dog with a passion, everytime we pass it with its owner, it's onlead, it lunges and barks and yanks his arm off to get to her, but thank God I was close enough to home to leg it up the drive and into safety!

I confronted the owner when I saw her chatting to a lady opposite my house last week, I told her about the 10th January when it was in the horse's field on its own, and how it had charged at the lady's spaniel (she's 84!) and bitten it on its back whilst I had legged it back up the hill and couldn't do my morning walk It obviously fell on deaf ears then. She said she lets them play in the garden and *sometimes he gets out*. Well, I'm afraid that's just not good enough, dogs aren't allowed to run free outside of their properties, so I'm now on her case, especially as she's had a warning from me.

I've done a suitable note that I'm going to shove through her door, which means I'm going to have to drive down this godawful, potholey, un made up road into the woods to get to her bungalow to deliver this note, which also makes me mad

What is wrong with people?? I'm reporting her to the dog warden today and I'm also doing a letter to the St Helens Wood Preservation society because she actually lives in the woods and she's certainly not allowed to be doing this. I wish I could find out where she rescued these 2 dogs of hers from too, cos I'd also be on her case with the rescue society I shall find that out though in time.

Bluddy woman What am I going to do when it charges up to us to bite Zena on her back, jeesus Christ, she won't have that, she'll probably kill it!

Fell better now........
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Oh Helena, no wonder you need to rant, she so obviously has no control over her dogs!! I'd be angry too
I hope your letter gets it sorted. Glad Zena is ok though x

Malka- Had to laugh at Pereg and the hedgehog ( sorry)

I'm back from the Vets with Rosie, she was very brave She's had a new jab with extra 2strains of protection against Lep.... Sorry can't remember the word but we have to go back in 4 weeks then it's yearly again.
Haven't time now but must tell you all the amusing conversation I had in vet. Be back in half hr just have to go watch a little one xx
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »