Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Morning

Not such a nice day here today so Loki and I had a wet walk this morning.

Had a bad night with Michael - he couldn't settle for some reason but he's as happy as Larry this morning.

I hope you all have a good day.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Malka - glad to know that someone is getting the sun and that you are kind enough to delay your shopping until Pereg has had a really good bathe therein! I always admire the cartoon like graphics that you put in your posts and am quite in awe of anyone with the ability to conjure up these little magical images. I can't even get my head round this photo-bucket lark although I have tried and without any formal computer training I fear that it will forever remain a mystery to me. So one saddened old Duffer wishes you and Pereg a good morning and bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Good luck with it Bev.
Morning Malka I hope the weeds get sorted they sound like triffids.
Morning Gordon aaahhhhh baby lambs very cute. I can understand the Mem finding them hard to resist.
Morning Jenny Nippy see you later. Hope the rain stays away.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Morning Linda glad Michael is happy now bet you aren't after a bad night.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Morning all those I missed earlier, and glad you found some time to pop in this morning Jenny, good luck at the vets with the boosters, hope all is well.

Oh what a wet, windy miserable walk I've had up on the top, but there were quite a few up there who were braving the elements. No east wind as prescribed by the weather man, it was gusting due south right at me along the clifftops.

Zena had to wear her overalls, not that she minds, but it does restrict her charging around, I have to be a bit careful, so I didn't chuck the ball, I just kicked it along here and there and she seemed happy with that. I don't do wet, muddy longcoated dogs, not with my rugs I don't!

I'm in demand here this morning, got an early phone call from one of my neighbours when I got back, and whilst I was busy chatting to him, the mobile was ringing, so I had a phone stuck to each ear

Jen, I'm hoping it's the other way around for us here today. Hope you can get out in the sunshine this morning before it all goes downhill.

Linda, sorry you've had a bad night with Michael, but glad he's ok this morning.

Gordon, oh you've upset me now thinking about those poor little lambikins shivering in the cold. I thought they brought them all down for lambing into nice warm sheds - they do down in this part of the country, but maybe they think they're all hardened off up in your neck of the woods and don't need to do that. Please to hear about your kidney results there, long may it last.

Sorry, can't remember anymore now.

I'm off to Dunelms to cheer myself up, I'm not going in that wardrobe, the weather isn't right to sort out clothes, I might be putting the summer ones away instead of the winter ones with today's weather, so I'll leave it for another day methinks. I need some nice coffee cups for my special coffee which comes out of the machine, cos the cups have to be right and I've now broken the last two I had. Well, I didn't break then, they kind of just fell apart on their own I blame that dishwasher

I've got a nice little bit of gammon which I shall put on the boil before I take myself off to Dunelms, and when I return, I shall then put the veggies on and take Zena out on a short walk and when I get home, as if by magic, lunch will be all ready I'm so glad I was a girl guide in my yooof Be prepared and all that.....

Catch you all later then
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Raining here at the moment, am hoping it may go away a bit later on, but so VERY glad it was a lovely day yesterday for my venture up the M6, all my friends are in awe of my daring, I feel like a big weight has fallen off my shoulders, am finally beginning to conquer 'stuff' in my head
Was really tired yesterday, was going for a Nanny Nap then discovered no milk and needed more veggies for girls, popped into Asda and finally had my Nap more at Waking Up Time than anything else, I was sort of dozing, waking up dozing again. Had already done girlie teas (chicken breast with veg, cottage cheese and bio yogurt) got up to do that and skip out, then had something to eat myself, but all night was very sleepy. Finally took myself off to bed and my soak, and thought right I'll try those Kalms night time tablets again, they hadn't worked on Sunday night, but maybe because my brain was on overdrive with the motorway issue. They worked again, and I woke up at 7.30 am feeling a lot better, so that is what I am going to do for a while till I get my sleep patterns organised again
Eileen I hope your fingers aren't too bad today, can you type I wonder. I did shut my car door on one of my fingers last year, no idea how I managed it, just as you can't work out how you shut the garage door on yours!!!
Poor Lacey, fancy running into the lawn mower, remember to put it away in future as she is too likkle for accidents like that.
Teasing went well Helena, I learnt new things like the 'swimmers' don't all swim forwards, some swim to the side, left and right, maybe some may swim backwards however its only the forward swimming ones that are counted, was all very complicated, thats about all I picked up really Lona was very good a star in fact.
Gordon, excellent news on the liver function, you are doing well aren't you, back to your local hospital now, didn't envy you THAT journey into Manchester, its a nightmare going anywhere near the place unless you go in on the tram, thats about the safest bet really.
Poor little lambs, mummies usually find a nice sheltered place to have them though don't they, down by the side of those walls etc.
Glad your mother was fine Jenny, was wondering if there was anything wrong, but if you've got a visitor,,then its rude to run out of the room and onto the computer isn't it
Malka, hope you get across for your f&v OK, am worried about the problem with the road access outside your house, or rather lack of it. Lovely you have sunshine, you had all that rain and the flooding last week, so you need the sun to dry you off, and Pereg has to get her sunbathing in doesn't she
Nippy, can you send the sun up here please, it was lovely yesterday, but it has run off down sarf AGAIN, and its just not good enough, even Helena has got rain, and you're sat there keeping it all to yourself, have you netted it and fastened it down securely over your house
Off on the bone run, so back later
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Morning everyone, I had to take some ibuprofen on top of my tramadol for my gums were really tender this morning. He has left a small piece of broken tooth in my gum right next to the tooth he was querying whether it should come out or not. I think I shall tell him I want that out along with the chip of tooth left behind. Otherwise not too bad. I was rather pleased that he will see me next Monday to withdraw those other teeth as initially he said I would have to wait two weeks so that is a relief. He did say he could make a start on the dentures but it would be likely that they would need to be replaced with another set if I do not wait for the gums to settle. So I thought I might as well wait seeing as it is only molars and one incisor I have lost. all other canines and incisors all in tack so not too bad a situation.

Well have a good day everyone, I think we are all suffering a bit of rain this morning. Got wet with Amber. Still not long now before we get a long hot summer says she ever hopeful. Take care all, God bless. xxx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Morning all.

Not too bad here got a meeting at work (I am on holiday) with a friend as her witness as she is being made redundant. Rather sad worked with her for 25+ years and am godmother to her 22 almost 23 year old son. Good news she has found another job closer to home.

Need to go to the double glazing factory (they have a retail/trade shop a well) and going to get some seal that needs replacing trying that before lashing out money on a new window - also going to do some maintenance on all the others too there is a grub screw to align the closing/opening (like kitchen doors) and also going to spray a bit of WD40 or similar into the working parts. Then clean them. So that's my day really oh and a trip to the skip. Going to walk Bella as well.

Right that's me for the day I think.........may change may not hey ho.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Lord Gord, Sir - I am glad you like the little cartoon thingies - you might be surprised what can be found on t'internet just by looking! as for Photobucket, try http://tinypic.com/.

Formal computer training? I am the dumbo who, when Effie brought round the first computer he built for me, I even had to ask him how to switch the thing on! - well, I had never even seen a computer before let alone used one!

Oh, and I would be only too happy to spit-roast those little lambkins if I had a chance - and a spit-roaster!

June - I have no problem going across to the macolet on Xanadu as I just have to go past my neighbour to the tractor path where there is a loooooverly wide lowered pavement and dropped kerb.

Well yes, I do have one problem and that is moving her bdooly wheelie bin out of the way as she tends to leave it where the bin men chuck it back, ie slap bang in the middle of the [narrow] pavement.

Moyra - sorry to hear that your gums are so tender but why on earth did the dentist leave a piece of broken tooth in your gum?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Hi guys

Gordon, I can sympathise, but I am a sucker for lambs too, used to love looking after the orphans when my Grandad had his farm. Although he would bring his into the byre for lambing.

Moyra, ouch, you poor thing.

TW, do I want to know what this teasing is?

Helena, I hope Dunelms does the job for you.

I've had an email from the Higher English teacher today, my essays need to be in by Thursday and I need to sign a flyleaf. So I suspect I may be pulling out of it as well But hey ho, another less pressure to deal with.

I've also had some decent news on the car front. The MOT isn't due till May thank goodness, but there are repairs needing done urgently so I'll get them done this month. But at least the car tax can be paid without having to do the MOT. It's really been worrying me.

I'm going to have coffee before really getting started. I'm going to hang out the washing then go for my walk. I really need to keep this up and stop moping.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »