View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Malka we get Ox Liver from the butchers. Dead cheap. He gives me a bagfull - enough for about 3 meals for the two of us or 2 meals if I dry some for Taffy for about £1.50. It's so tender now, not like it used to be. I only cook it for about 10 mins & it melts in your mouth.
Well I've had a lovely walk. As June said the weather is Gorjus. Just nice for walking. I ended up doing about 5 miles after getting off the bus at a brisk pace. I'm shattered now.
I suppose I'd better go & sort the meat out now for the freezer.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Moyra SO pleased to see you back, and minus 3 teefff, lets hope the pain and faceache now subsides.

Take it easy, don't overdo it, maybe you should give a walk a miss, Amber won't mind *hugs* you were so brave xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Afternoon everyone. Moyra I bet you are glad that's over for now. Did you drive home ?
A rather insensitive response from Steve. Please be careful walking Amber you have just had 3 teeth out.
Linda at Michael start practising I am sure there will be more to come.
Debbie the camper van looks lovely glad you had a good weekend.
Glad you are back safely June and the teasing went well.
Glad the the water was delivered Malka.
Hope you enjoyed the trip to the garden centre Lynne.
Hope the visit to mum went well Jenny.
Jenny Nippy hope the chat day went well.
Helena hope you got the beach walk.
I am sure there are some I have missed. Sorry.

We went out for a coffee and a scone we also bought some cowslips and a beautiful native primrose the kind you see growing wild. They have gone under the big tree at the bottom of the garden I left my cowslips behind at Fennells.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Moyra - ouch. I hope the fresh air helps clear your head a bit, and I would not have been amused by Steve's comment either.

Lynne - ox liver always was tender, just that most people seem to over-cook it. Now I get turkey or chicken livers. I prefer turkey because the size is better. They come sort of in two halves joined together and I separate the two halves putting each one in a small polybag for freezing, as a half is approx 40-50g which is the amount of protein Pereg has in her first meal. For myself I cut them into two thin slices and flash-fry them.

No idea how much they cost but I buy 5 kilos at a time. Next order will be 5 kilos of turkey hearts.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 04:44 PM
The walk was fine I warned a couple with their little boy that a lot of dog walkers let their dogs loose on the green and do not clear up after them. I offered them some poo bags which they declined before I had got much further the lad trod in some waste. Fortunately I had also got some kitchen roll in my pocket so they could clean him up. It really isn't fair. When I got back round the back of my boundary wall someone had dropped a black bag of dog waste. By the end of the week there will be about 12 or 14 bags there I shall have to write to the council again and ask them to put up one of their punishment posters on our wall so they will be aware they could be fined not sure whether it is £2000 or £5000 still not enough! A chap across the road has close circuit tv cameras facing down the street so I hope it is captured on film.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Here is a picture of us "camping"
Very nice daisy, it is 'camping' why shouldn't we have our creature comforts with us when on the move, here's mine:-

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 04:55 PM
You know I can't remember the last time I had decent liver. I always end up overcooking them

Dougal and I have been up the street and for once in his life, Dougal did not howl when I left him outside the shop. Makes such a change for him, I'm sure he thought the shop was eating me

Got stopped on the way back by a lassie I know who had wanted to come in as an adult, she spoke to me for ages about everything that had happened to her since I saw her last. Dougal was as good as gold too, he just stood there for ages, wee soul.

Just home, got dinner on (stew), going to have a wee nap shortly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
best money we ever spent and the doglets love it!
Totaly agree Daisy, I got mine four years ago and wish I had bought it twenty years ago when I was a contract engineer working all over the country and having to pay exorbitant hotel prices, eat rubbish food, and put up with noisy guests in adjacent rooms.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Hrm, well stew has been on for a couple of hours but the beef is still tough Tastes good though. Very frustrating.

Been asleep for the last two hours too, hoping this stops soon, could do without the long naps.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Totaly agree Daisy, I got mine four years ago and wish I had bought it twenty years ago when I was a contract engineer working all over the country and having to pay exorbitant hotel prices, eat rubbish food, and put up with noisy guests in adjacent rooms.
I know right?? I can't gush enough about ours!!! we are total campers wot with creature comforts - perfect!!! bring yours with you when you come to stay

Mr M was a Contract Engineer over here in the 90's, loads of them used to camp out in the parking lot, made a fortune in overtime as they would work 15 hrs, sleep 9 hrs a day.. no commute.. Boeing soon put a stop to that, it was costing them a fortune
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >