View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Tell him the truth but dumbed down so a small person can understand it.

I'm just waiting on the last load of washing finishing before I head off up the street with Dougal. Could do with the walk, and Dougal is staring at me pleadingly! He is going to have to be a bit more patient.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Giggling Linda best of luck on that one
Glad the water delivery went well Malka and hope you're OK, completely forgot to ask WHY you were up at 2am the other morning, was that after bed, or you stayed up that late.
Moyra, approaching tooth hurty, thinking about you.
Helena, one step nearer the sparkling gnashers. Great you had a good weekend with Dave as well.
I was expecting to sleep last night, well I didn't was up early, have been very brave on the motorway, done training sessions with Mabs and Keshi, taken Cariad and Lona on the river, cleaned yard, kennels, put fresh down, am ready for bed, so I think I may just have a Late Nanny Nap.
Absolutely glorious day today, cold wind, but the sunshine makes such a difference, we're on the equinox now, so what we're getting now will tend to stay with us for a while and its dry and sunny Praise De Lawd!!!
DD that is just my sort of camping these days, lurve it, I want one. Mind you when I used to go to shows and camp I was on an airbed, with a cooker etc and a fire, everything I could find to keep me comfy
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Debbie - I would have loved a camper like that instead of having to erect and then strike five tents...

And no, I am not the slightest bit jealous!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Michael just asked me where he and his sister came from. Who sent them to me? I wasn't expecting this at 3 years old! I'm struggling for an answer ...
When my two were very young I found a small book from somewhere which had happy cartoon-like characters with smiling faces, and a very simple explanation of exactly how babies were started, how they grew, and then how they were born.

Some of the pictures were extremely detailed, sort of cut out, but it was all "because mummy and daddy love each other, sometimes they like to show their love like..." and when the baby was born it was shown with a smiling face as the head came out.

I think my son was about three or four as he had only just started to learn how to read, but he learned the words off by heart so would "read" what each picture said. My daughter two years older and had learned to read very early so she used to read it to him.

I wish I knew where it had come from as it was absolutely perfect for young children - all happy words and faces and not the slightest bit worrying.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Aw Malka, how sweet.

I fudged something along the lines of love and making the kids and distracted him with something else before he asked any other questions.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Malka and June you can both come and camp with us anytime... Pereg and the Norties would love it!! yes it is luxury LOL we do still do all our cooking outside and spend a lot of time sat outside, but my bed is very comfy and the heater lovely and warm!! OH and I have a toilet so I can pee in the middle of the night without having to get dressed and go out amongst the wildlife and bushes.

We have had it about 5 yrs now, and all our holidays since, apart from a few long weekends when we weren't able to take it, we have gone off in the camper, so it has more than paid for itself!! best money we ever spent and the doglets love it!

Come one, come all.... we will have a ball!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
...[snip]...
Glad the water delivery went well Malka and hope you're OK, completely forgot to ask WHY you were up at 2am the other morning, was that after bed, or you stayed up that late.
I was in the Saturday evening International Chat Room of the epi List - there were four or five of us, and as the others dropped out this guy and I just kept chatting. He lives in the Ozark Mountains - think he said in Missouri or possibly Arkansas but I forget which - probably the former.

It was the first time he had been in Chat - he only joined the List a few months ago although his dog has been epi since a pup and is now around 9 years old. And we just kept chatting until I thought angonamminim - this guy would carry on chatting all night [well it was not night for him] as he is obviously not used to communicating much. Bit of a mountain man!

Trouble is I was up very late again last night as I was trying to catch up on everything that I had missed while in the Chat Room. It is only once a week and sometimes nobody turns up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah, lifes like that isn't it, no one around for ages, then someone who would be there till next week if you let them
Lovely he had someone to talk to though who could maybe help him
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Hello all I am back minus 3 teeth. Oh the worst bit was the seven injections I had to have. Another 3 to come out top and bottom next week these were all top this week. I was very faint and wobbly but I shall settle in a little while. I have to take Amber for a walk in a little while. I did ask Steve his response was why did you have your toe nails pulled as well. I think it was his sense of humour but it wasn't appreciated. I think I could do with the fresh air anyway.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-03-2014, 03:50 PM
June - the List is for help and OT posts are not encouraged. Chat is just that, chat, and although we do talk about our dogs we also talk about all sorts of things.

It gets interesting when there are more than just three or four - one week recently we had people from the US, Canada, the UK, Belgium, Holland, New Zealand - and me in Israel! Good fun but frequently I can never remember who is who!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »