View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Morning Moyra. I hope your teefs aren't too painful today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 09:20 AM

Thats good news about last night Lynn, cos I got the impression you weren't keen on going, Really glad you enjoyed yourself. Rounded your birthday off nicely
Morning Jenny, sunny here too
Morning Helen (Bleuuggghhh!) chicken here Pepsi is fine today thanks!
Morning Bev, I can just imagine Laylas horror at having a dog in the house.
Bobble hello, great to see you, hope you have a good day today
Morning Moyra, I bet you can't wait for tomorrow. I remember I once had tooth ache like that and my son came home from school and said Hows your face Mum? Not too bad says I, Oh he said it's killing me! That sums my dear boy up!!
Morning Emma, you will have to have a nanny nap this afternoon!
Nine of us for lunch today Good job I did most of it yesterday. See ya all later.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Bonjour tout les peeps! Comment allez-vous an all that! Just pciking up from my miserable epistle of late last night, but today is definitely another day and the sun here is shining and I've already been out with the grimly dingoes. A large and tasty beakfast has followed and I am now ready for whatever the day may bring. The Mem has had her B in B and is in a rare good humour there has even been lapse in the endless string of tasks that she seems so adept at finding for me! I have been little in evidence during the last three days (daytimes that is) as I have been busily trying to cut back the honeysuckle which is festooned on the east walls of the house - no mean feat as it is over 25feet high and involves much strange mumblings and cursings atop an extending ladder with me swinging a big pair of lops and jiggling about like some demented popinjay. I took greater than usual care over ladder placing and securing following the cautionary tales from fellow dogsters ref: the near demise of their other halves due to ladder related adventures. Also, I felt doubly warned by the Mem's comment about where the Insurance policies are kept (this was said as I strode manfully out of the kitchen door clutching my lopping shears and feeling very brave and useful) also I think the rather wry chuckle was somehow amiss!!! Anyhow now it is completed and i must admit to feeling rather smug as a contractor had put in a huge quote for the job. The only fly in the ointment is I now have a gigantic pile of hoenysuckle branches and cuttings which I will only be able to burn once they are dried out sufficiently, but I feel sure I will get round to it as like most chaps I love a good fire and can spend up to a full afternoon poking and prodding same with unfeigned delight. A side product, and one which I consider somewhat odd, is the dogs all love a fire and will stand or lie as close as they dare to it and help me drag branches etc. all quite comical if not really time efficient. Well a full sunday now enfolds before me and I will wish you all au revoir until later. I hope all have a good day and of course my best wishes to anyone 4 or 2 legged who is under the weather for any reason. Particularly Moyra who seems to be having a wretched time of it lately with the old teeth - soon to be rectified hopefully! So have a good 'un and bye fer now!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Morning Em blast those noisy cars waking you up early on a Sunday.
Morning Jenny Nippy. Glad Pepsi is feeling better. 9 for lunch you will need a nanny nap later too methinks.
Morning Gordon I missed the problem yesterday but you seem to be in good spirits today. Very pleased to read you managed to conquer the Honeysuckle with no mishaps.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Emmis - Please indulge an ignorant fellow human - and kindly tell me Who, Where or perhaps more importantly What is a Santa pod?
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Morning all.
I'm jealous of your sun today. It's hailstoning heavy here Fortunately we managed to get out in between the showers.
Glad you had a lovely meal with your neighbours Lynn You'll probably feel a bit more settled now you're getting to know the neighbours.
I bet Dave enjoyed christening his bathroom Helena made all the hard work worthwhile. Enjoy having a relaxing day today - bet you'll find something to do though
Well done with the Honeysuckle Gorden you could bring your ladder down to our house & clean the gutters for us - I've noticed muck jumping out of them when it rains
Poor Lyla Bevstill not liking Harley. She'll be glad when he goes home & she can start terrorising the neighbourhood again.
I bet tomorrow can't come soon enough Moyra to get rid of those sore teef.
Can't remember who else has posted what so I'll better go & get some stuff done. Another exciting day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the commiseration. Gordon Santa Pod is a drag race track, I went there once in my teens many many years ago.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Emmis - Please indulge an ignorant fellow human - and kindly tell me Who, Where or perhaps more importantly What is a Santa pod?
where all the youf go to show off their modified cars round here! http://www.santapod.co.uk/
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Lynne, how strange, YOU'VE got the hail WE had yesterday, and we're not that far apart really
Dry here, with a hint of blue amongst fluffy white clouds, so getting myself sorted to get girlies out before it changes its mind.
Everyone was out for dinner last night!!! All seem to have eaten well and enjoyed themselves (sorry if you didn't Gordon, but the offerings sounded good). Sally it was lovely of them to send you the orchid and I'm sure it will be OK with you and flourish.
Well done with the honeysuckle Gordon, and what a bonfire you'll have with it, like you say a nice afternoon is in store for you to play with it to your heart's content.
Hope today goes well for you Helena, are you walking on eggshells or is everything ticking along nicely, lunch sounds lovely to me, sorry Nippy!!!
Moyra, one more day to go and you'll be out of pain at least, although going to the dentist itself isn't going to be pleasant, try and think past that to this time next week when you'll be ever so much better than you are today
I've not slept properly for ages now, so last night took a couple of Kalms sleeping tablets, the difference was amazing, I just sort of clunked out and slept through, I do remember waking a couple of times, but out like a light again straight away, and I feel so much better today.
I'm going to do the same again tonight, but will have to set my alarm as Lona is going to be a Tease for Thalice tomorrow and we are meeting on the M6 at 9.50, and I have the late rush hour and school runs to negotiate on my way to the bit of motorway that will take me there. I've got motorways nearby, but not the one I need, a masterpiece of bad planning, it exits near to me, but I can't get on it!!! But one morning when I cannot oversleep!!! I may have an early night and watch TV in bed actually. First of all got today to sort out though
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Afternoon all

Having been up until 2am and being a lazy booger I stayed in bed until Da Booga decided that it was time I got up - so am only now trying to have coffee and ketchup but am loosing a running battle with the ketchup. I still have not dared to start on the emails which seem to have piled up overnight, nor even glanced at the online news.

All I can think of from yesterday are teef. Linda - I hope poor little Michael is soon out of his misery with his, and Moyra - likewise with yours.

Hopefully I will manage to get through everything before bedtime, and after last night I do hope it will be before midnight!

Wishing you all a

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »