Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 07:42 PM

Big strides forward today

I now agree with my youngest son (who also had a month in which to make their last house move) that it is probably better to have it all done in a day and wake up the next morning and start ploughing through it all!

The internet connection thing has been a factor here and when I will have helping hands too.

But today I got Syrian George and his man with a van over and they took loads out of here - both bookshelves, all tall plants, my tumble dryer, and everything I can't fit in a car apart from all my IKEA chests of drawers (which I've decided have to come with me at least to start with - moved with contents in them so at least I know where a lot of stuff is!)

And I FORGOT about the huge outdoor storage chest grrrr!

Oh well I need to use them again on 'Removal Day' so it will now have to wait. I can't believe I actually brought some of this home in the back of my car. That was years ago - don't think I could manhandle it now.

They dropped it all off and put it in place and then his pal left while George stayed behind and unpacked everything in my car too.

All done in about an hour or so. George and I stopped for a coffee on the patio and then I dropped him back here. Tomorrow I will go over and pack the stuff back onto the shelves. Tumbler didn't fit where I hoped it would but there is room for it in the corner of the spare room so there it will live.

My pal Andy is doing my head in with info on various mobile internet packages. I think that will have to wait until he is here as I don't have a clue how much I use in a month if they are going to charge per MB or waddever.

I'd got to the stage where everytime I thought of putting something else in the car I'd stop and think 'hang on I might need that here between now and then'.

And am now loathe to store too much in the empty flat as it will just require it to be moved again at a later date. Put some stuff in there though - surplus electric fires and all that. Gave George loads of DVDs for his wife - he said 'but we don't have a DVD player' lol! I said 'you will have by the time I move George - I've got about 4 and am only taking 2!

He told me his wife loves reading English books so he got sent off with a huge box of those too. She likes good authors so she got loads of Jen's books she left here after holidays.

Also got him to take the gliding rocking chair. Hell I just can't be bothered to sell some of this stuff. Want to leave just the BIG or expensive items to be sold and will wait to see if George (present landlord) wants any of those before actually whacking ads on for them.

So feeling rather pleased with progress today and, almost UNBELIEVABLE, Bella sat on George's lap for the whole journey home and didn't make a single squeak or fidget or anything! Woo hoo! Just wait until I tell my daughter! I don't think she will believe it. She usually opts to sit in the back and let Bella 'have her front seat' as she is such a bad passenger and even worse if on someone's lap!

She really is coming on in leaps and bounds with this passenger thingie! And when we got to the new place she made a beeline for her cushion bed on one of the sofas and just settled on it while George and I sat outside.

I think she has become possessed by the spirit of a less potty dog!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Maybe she knows you will be happier more contented there. And is letting you know you're happy she is happy.

There again she could just be possessed by the spirit of a less potty dog!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Well the other day we set off once again to get in the car and drive over when a neighbour stopped me to see the empty flat. So I got out of the car and she stayed put on her seat. This is unheard of she usually tries to get out before me or before I've actually stopped. I called her. I got the neighbour to hold the outside door open while I walked in to the lift and called her. She SAT there and stared straight ahead and would not get out of the car! I had to pick her up and bring her in!

It was as if she was saying ... NO we get in the car in the mornings now when I've had a wee and we drive to Pyla. I am not getting out of the car until we've done that! It was SO funny. She was staring at a WALL anyway as I park under the block next to the entrance door. She wouldn't BUDGE.

I think I'm really noticing the difference now that I have a 'grown up' Bella. I didn't bother with putting anything across the open gateway on the path today. She doesn't show any signs of wandering off anywhere - not that it will be a problem once I'm in. Just I am so busy over there at the mo I lose sight of her. And although I've thrown our plushest huge blanket over the biggest sofa for her she has DECIDED where she sits. On the smaller one at right angles to it. So I put her cushion on that one and she headed straight for it when we went in this evening.

I do wonder what goes through their little doggy heads at times like this. She now permanently lies at my feet here when we are home. On her little roly poly bed next to the table. Usually she would be on a sofa or my bed. Think she is sticking close as she doesn't know what to expect these days!

Like once I open my front door here (quite a noisy affair) unless we've just been out and come back and I've told her 'wontbelong' she is usually right there with me. But I've been back and forth so many times to next door today she didn't even bother getting up in the end. Just stayed where she was while I went in there - both doors open.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Looks like it's all going (sort of) to plan so pleased to read about Bella, but I do think it is true that as they get older they 'calm down' a bit, it has happened with Rianna and Baruska (In her last few years) but when younger Baruska in particular was a real escape artist.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Think I'm going to take her to bed and sit up playing wordfeud on my tablet for a while.

All I've achieved since I got home is a Skype catchup with both sons and Andy, my pal who is due over soon but who is doing my brain in with techie talk of internet wifi hotspots and sat tv and VPNs and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 07:09 AM
The 'new' Bella sounds a dream I wonder what went through her head to suddenly realise that it was OK to relax in the car Maybe she is just showing her total support of your upcoming move

There again she could just be possessed by the spirit of a less potty dog!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 07:43 AM
I feel a bit sad about her growing up. Reminds you how short their lives are ... I don't want her seeming old!

This will make you smile ... We went to bed and she was on the top under my robe and I could hear these gurgling noises sound like she was having trouble breathing! I switched the light on sat up and stroked her throat and it stopped.

I settled back down it started again. I hooked her up to the top end with me where I could watch her. And it had stopped again. By then I needed the loo so nipped across to bathroom ... All quiet from bedroom.

Back to bed and as soon as I lay down and before reaching to pull up the covers the choking noise again but louder and that's when I realised it was coming from my stomach! Not Bella's chest!

Starting up every time I laid down again lol