View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Aw, loving the sound of Carys's dress. Hope it's all okay.

Bitkin, I recently found out that my real Grandfather was a German POW. Don't know much more than that apart from his name was Karl. I was told his surname once but I've forgotten it.

Been doing a bit of practice on the chanter, doing Throw-on D's and gracenotes. Nope I have no idea what they are, I just take my fingers off the holes when I am supposed to and hopefully in the right order.

About to have coffee, put bedding on the bed and chill with the chocolate I bought today Yay
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Hello Lore, enjoy the choccy and your lovely clean sheets. You are obviously not into family history then
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hello Lore, enjoy the choccy and your lovely clean sheets. You are obviously not into family history then
Unfortunately the episode was a black mark in my family so there wasn't much known about it. I didn't really find out until after dad died (Karl was his Dad), and as far as I know he left the area so very difficult to trace.

The rest of the family yeah, we know that the Blacks/Frasers go way back in the history of our area. Almost as far back as the 1700's. I'm very proud to say I am one of the area's true locals. My mother's family is from the same area as my Dad's and somewhere back in the mists of time (hundreds of years) they are related. So yeah, very very local
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Wow, you really are local!!

I keep being waylaid on skype - isn't it odd that you can go for days with no contact and then suddenly everyone wants to talk at once.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Gosh it's quiet tonight.

Had some chocolate. Davie has gone to sleep early. Brian is still out and likely to remain so. Got Mocha sleeping on a foot (which is rapidly going to sleep - she's not light you know). Had coffee and about to watch some virus thing on TV.

Tomorrow, weather depending I'll go a walk...Davie needs it too so a good long walk I think. I need to go see Mum too.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Too true it's quiet!!

A good walk always seems to sort things out Lore, and I expect that Davie will enjoy it too. I am so glad that your post is more about relaxing, even if your foot has gone dead, than frantically working etc.

His lordship has returned bearing a beautiful orchid.......it was the table decoration apparently and everyone decided that I should have it. I am very touched, but worried because I am not good with orchids

Just watching Bridget Jones - it's the one that I haven't seen
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Good evening everyone - just afew lines to let you know that as Oscar Wilde put it "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated!" Out to dinner this evening official bobbins not much fun all people who wanted to talk about Business, Money, Shares and sundry related tawdry subjects all of which leave me entirely cold. I'd sooner be shot at with balls of frozen yak dung than put up with that again! Mind you Good Fud which goes towards making amends for the company of grasping social climbing wassocks. Sorry am i moaning? I usually try to inject alittle humour but sometimes words just fail even my irrepressible self. Will promise to be more attentive tomorrow Goodnight everyone! and as always bye fer now!
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7