View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Pepsi is fine now. She is the funniest little dog I have ever known. She is on her last legs one minute and charging around the next.
I am used to it now, I know that now and then we will have a broken night.

Hail is battering the window at the moment. As they were forecasting snow for Dartmoor I hope this isn't a forerunner
Time for a nap me thinks.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Well done Davie
Love Lego myself
Decided to take youngest shopping later,can't go till 3.30 cause I left a dress in to get shortened and it won't be ready till then,paid extra to have it done asap no idea why but no point in leaving it till Monday now.Anyway the queue into the shopping center will be well gone by that time So if anyone would like something,please put your order in now
Lovely and sunny outside and I could get some work done but sometimes its good to have a wee break,methinks
Right so,enough jabbering,off to have a nice long soak.Be back tonight for D.A.D and to raise a bottle or two to LYNN
Oh,youngest just pinched my shoes,first time wearing them but they look so cool on her so I've lost them Have to walk everywhere in my bare feet now ...
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 01:19 PM
NIPPY JENNY,enjoy getting all snuggled up in your blankey...good to hear Pepsi is better....have a lovely nap I bet you snore!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Lore that is fantastic about Davie, the meds are really working then aren't they when you see a result like that.
Keeps raining, went out to clean up and maybe get girlies out, immediately started raining again, so gave up and they've all got bones and clean deep beds, and its stopped again, aagggghhhh...I give up
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Lorraine - it is so nice to hear you a bit more upbeat today, and well done Davie!

Lynne - it is not inefficiency so much, just that the Local Authority has a very large area to cover with small Moshavim and Kibbutzim dotted around.

Moyra - I am so sorry to read that you are still in so much pain and do hope that once your teeth are sorted the pain will ease. (((hugs)))

Why is your vet so insistent that Amber cannot have chicken? Ram was not too keen on the idea when I changed Pereg to raw, giving me long lectures about pierced or impacted GI tract, but he did accept it once he realised that his lectures were going into my deaf ear!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Afternoon all,

Sorry for those of you with vile weather ...... but we have had wall to wall sunshine and out of the wind it feels really quite hot. OH came for a walk with me and the dogs this morning which was really nice and we walked in to town to buy a paper. The towpath was just too wet after all the over night rain, but the boys did get a tear around on the top field as we came back.

I've just been out to P@H to buy some more Wainwrights Grain Free white fish and potato as they seem to love the little bits I've been giving them. It is so much cheaper than Orijen and if they do OK on it I'll be changing them over but will probably still put one 2Kg bag of Orijen in to the 10Kg. Early days yet and I'll be changing them over very slowly (6 weeks or so).

Nippy I warned my OH yesterday before he set off on his 3 hour round trip that he'd get wet and he's just getting over my cold virus too. He insisted that the coat he was taking was waterproof (I knew it wasn't) so when he turned up soaked to the skin I didn't have a huge amount of sympathy ..... could you tell Really pleased that little Pepsi seems OK now .... I'm sure these dogs know just how to worry us
Bev It sounds as though you are having a lovely time with Ash, Charly and Harley there .... even if Lyla isn't too impressed yet I must admit I thought it might have been Harley hiding and not ASBO cat. Enjoy your walk.
June Yes he does have a tonneau cover so the car was fine it was just him that was soaked Enjoy your walk with the girlies ... I know we are always more on the lookout at weekends for loose dogs etc aren't we. That's part of the reason I was happy to walk in to the village as your not likely to find off lead dogs with all the traffic around. I do avoid parks etc at the weekends and holiday time though. I hope your pains aren't too bad at the moment.
Moyra It sounds as though you are still on the 3 walks a day routine with Amber. I've managed to cut mine down to twice a day and the rest of the time they can just wander in and out of the garden. Not long to wait now and at least that will be three less teeth to ever have pain in again ((hugs)).
Lore I can just imagine how chuffed you are of Davie taking the trouble to read the instructions. It sounds like the meds are really really helping him .... and you of course I hope you weather picks up a bit and you manage to get out for a quick walk.
Lacey Enjoy your girlie shopping trip. I never get that 'cos I've only got sons and they haver never snaffled any of my shoes either .... thank goodness
Helena You certainly see a cross-section of dogs on your walks and isn't it funny that Zena appears to tolerate the grumpy dogs. She probably knows that one bit from her would soon put them in their place. I'm so pleased that all is calm and running smoothly in 'Hacienda Helena' I've been meaning to ask you for months and months what shop is 'Mr S'? (M&S?) Sorry to hear that the maintenance chaps still haven't sorted the fencing .... give em 'ell girl!!!! Enjoy the rest of your day and weekend with Dave. Maybe you'll have to get him modelling his onesie for you ..... or you model it for him

Off to hang some more washing out. Enjoy the rest of your day and see you all later.

PS I saw Brierley (Chris) on another thread yesterday .... I hope she pops in here and lets us all know how she's getting on.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Jenny I think Mr S is Sainsburys. Presume so anyway
Glad to hear the boys are well again. Even if you have sunshine & we've not It kept showering while we were out so I only stayed in the small park but Taff met quite a few of his pals who all seemed to have the same idea of staying local so he had a good run with his ball & them & I had a good natter with the owners. just dried everywhere off now & having a coffee.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Afternoon everyone sorry to hear that Pepsi has been unwell. Sorry Moyra you are still feeling poorly. June hope the ribs are feeling ok. Eileen glad you had a good evening and enjoy the peaceful evening. Helena glad you met some nice dogs today and managed to avoid the touchy ones.
Lorraine well done to Davie.
Is that everyone ? Sorry if I have missed anybody.

We went to Denver mill for lunch but they had run out of scotch eggs for salad and scotch egg. So Michael opted for gammon sandwich and Gorden and I ordered sausage roll and salad but it came to light there was only one sausage roll so Gorden had a pasty.

We then drove to Denver sluice but too cold to get out and walk round then decided to pop along to the wetland centre and have a coffee. No cake for Gorden and I though as we are eating out later. Michael had coffee and walnut cake it looked delicious.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Lynn, sounds a bit of a disappointing lunch. What a shame.

I've been up to the shop to get rolls, kale for the boys and chocolate for Davie and I later on.

I've put a second load of washing on, I was planning hanging it out but it's got awfy dark out there, so think I shall be hanging stuff up indoors again Oh well.

This afternoon I am having a late lunch and a nap. Feeling very tired. It's just Davie and I, Brian ended up at his friends last night and an old friend has appeared so he's likely to be there for a couple of days as said friend has broken up with his girlfriend. It's cool with me cause I don't have grumpy guts moaning at me then, I feel like I can get more done if he isn't here, weird as that sounds.

So a night of telly, chocolate and relaxing.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Ahhhh had a lovely nanny nap, hope I sleep tonight now, that is the only problem
I think that Mr S is Sainsburys too
What a shame Lynn, you didn't have a lot of luck with your lunch did you. I would have had the pasty, I lurvvvve pasties. Proper Cornish ones
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »