Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 06:58 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

It was light at 5 this morning and the birds have been singing ever since, and although it did rain a bit overnight, it looks like we're in for another glorious day.

I'm off down the beach again, mainly because I have it all to myself but also because Zena adores it down there and it's mud free.

Lynn, I'm dying to know what your surprise was last night when Gorden and Michael got home, and I know you mentioned birthdays but is that today or tomorrow? Can't wish you Happy Birthday a day early can I! Or can I Maybe I missed something cos I only skimmed through quickly before logging off. Have a lovely day and I'm sure you'll let us know when it is.

Bev, hope Charly, Ash and Harley arrive safely, and I'm sure you've got the whole week-end planned with them all.

Lorraine, hope you're feeling a lot better today.

Off to check up on that fencing again, pop into Sainsbury's and on the way home from the beach, I've got to nip into Smith's down the town to get a printer ink cos there's something I need to print and I'm right out of ink.

Have a great day everyone, hope the sun is shining on you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning Helena and everyone.
Lovely and sunny here too so washing already in.

Michael was my surprise I wasn't meant to know but because I got a bit cross with Gorden as he had said he was going to be home early he thought he better tell me. The wait was for Michael to finish work.
My birthday is today and we are going out too lunch at Denver mill and then this evening we are off to our neighbours for dinner. They do not know its my birthday. I kept giving the look last week of oh really your accepting a dinner invitation on my birthday. It wasn't till it was all agreed and they had left he went oh no its your birthday. Typical man. I wasn't going to say anything as I am past the age of getting excited about birthdays.

Enjoy the beach Helena and I hope this sun keeps shining as I have loads of washing to do.
Have a nice Saturday everyone else and hope everyone and doglets are feeling well.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Morning all.
Happy Birthday Lynn. . Sounds as though you're going to have a lovely day.
Will be back later I'm just having my porridge
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Happy birthday Lynn
Hope you have a great day and enjoy the dinner party
Morning to everyone else and have a great day ,hope all poorlys get unpoorly soon doglets and humans
Had sleet overnight ,sun trying to make an appearance
Some old same old today
Take care stay safe
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Morning all

Lynn - Happy Birthday - I hope you have a wonderful day!

Just having a coffee and ketchup in between going through tissues at a rapid rate of knots due to diabolical hay fever - yesterday my neighbour brought in my mail and told me that one of her enormous gas cylinders had been stolen some time while she was away, and both the smaller ones in the bungalow the other side of the tractor path - currently empty -had also gone.

So she said I should check mine which are well hidden behind the back of The Shack as my kitchen is at the back [both other bungalows have kitchens at the front with the cylinders in full view of the road]. Unfortunately she has not bothered to get the weeds sprayed yet [being my landlady it is her responsibility] and trying to get through shoulder-high weeds and grasses did me no favours. But at least my [smaller] cylinders are still there. Phew.

I hope everyone has a

Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

My dogs are finally completely back to normal which is the first time since before the flooding

OH arrived back around 11 last night absolutely soaked to the skin having driven an hour and a half home in torrential rain on the motorway in his old open top car. Quite a sight

Nothing much planned here today other than giving the dogs a couple of good walks and the boring daily chores.

Helen enjoy your beach walk .... I'm sure you will
Lynn Have a lovely day and I'm sure your evening will be even more fun sharing it with neighbours
Hi Lynne and Norma and anyone else who sneaks in while I'm typing.
Daisy Thank goodness for the camper van .... I can't imagine camping in a tent at this time of year Have a great time if you don't pop in before going.
June Hopefully the docs will have one appointment available for your results. I can imagine it was easy to forget to make it after the relief of finally getting the x-ray and all the faff that went with it
Lacey You clearly had a lovely meal out last night and you can pamper yourself this weekend with OH off to the stag do.
Lore Did you manage to locate your OH last night to bring you in some chocolate

While it is lovely and sunny I'm going to coat up and take the dogs out. See you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Morning everyone.

Charly, Ash and Harley finally arrived last night. It was over a 5 hr journey because of heavy traffic on M25. They bought with them a dog gate with a cat flap built in to help Lyla and Harley get to know each other. Lyla is not impressed and is hiding in my bedroom still, even though Harley is behind the gate confined to the living room. Hopefully she will soon come round.
We will be going for a nice walk soon, its lovely and sunny out there. Then I have to go and do mums housework, then back to cook as Charly is out later on a hen do with friends.

Happy Birthday Lynn. Have a good day all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Morning all.
Happy Birthday Lynn Hope you have a cracking day
Helena hope you have a good time at the beach. It's lovely here too but I don't know how long for
Morning Lynne and Norma Have a good day
Jenny Lol at your OH , even though that is a bit unkind!

Well we have had another really bad night with Peps. Brian had to get up twice with her. Very sick and restless. However as soon as her lead and harness comes out she is fine and stood at the back door ready to go out Another day of wait and see I think.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Poor Pepsi, then again, like you say, as soon as the lead comes out she is fine. Hope she is a bit better today now she's rid of whatever it is and you get a decent nights sleep, maybe a Nanny nap this afternoon eh Nippy
Glad to hear the boys are OK Jenny, poor OH getting soaked like that, does he have one of those covers you can get where there is a cut out for the driver to sit in, or is the car too old, hope he survives and is in one piece.
Enjoy your walk
Malka, we've not got hay fever season quite as yet, seems to hit me late May early June normally, so am making the most of it before I have to take a tablet every day, I start itching as well. Glad the gas bottles were still there, any news from your lawyer or neighbour/landlady on the non social worker and the state of your yard.
Seems everything's OK at your end Helena and Dave isn't completely down in the dumps, is the bathroom on course to be finished today
Been raining overnight here, but sunny and dry now, feels cold though. Am getting everyone out on the river in shifts as it is the weekend, and I want some peace lol
Have a good weekend with Charly and Ash, Bev.
Seems Layla has finally found something she's unsure of in the shape of Harley!!!
Many Happy Returns Lynn, and enjoy your meal out, will make a nice change for you, have a lovely lunch and a wonderful day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Morning
Happy Birthday Lynnarooney!!
Been out with Lace and its freezing!! OH is heading off around 2,stag party is staying in a hostel( just for the craic) Hubby and bro have opted out and are booked into a hotel!!
JENNY,great to hear the boys are all sorted
Nothing planned here as yet,bit of shopping maybe Sun has come out so I might layer up and power hose the front No girls tonight,so all alone
Have a great day all,especially the BIRTHDAY GIRL
See ya later
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »