Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 06:44 PM

Hellorobi

Have you seen the TV advert for this?
A weekly magazine costing £12-99p per issue that includes a bit of a robot that you can gradually build yourself. In total 70 issues.

You do the maths!!! I wonder how many parents will be pestered for this who won't be able to afford it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 06:54 PM
For goodness sake the galleon ones and whatever they dream up are bad enough but that's taking the proverbial.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Oh I remember the dolls house lid magazine cost about 5.99 twenty years ago. Don't think anyone ever finished one.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Unbelievably ridiculous These sort of magazines have been around for a while and apparently many of them stop being issued because so few people actually continued to buy them.

I know there was a skeleton one a couple of years ago and there was a lot of bad press about it due to the cost and poor quality. That too was literally hundreds of pounds to complete.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Good lord that is nearly 1000 pounds. I really don't like these kinds of magazines as it is so expensive and you are then stuck trying to get them all to make what ever it is. There really should be a rule as to how much they should charge and a limit on the total cost.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Good heavens Jenny that's £909.30 totaly ridiculous I know for a fact you can buy much the same from RS Componants for less than £100

It's pretty much exploitation and using the 'pester power' of kids, I hate the whole concept.

In fact advertising is starting to annoy me intensely, there's this, and all the cringing charity ones, and all the PPI and Personal injury ones, it's all getting beyond a joke.

Remember that the magazine might be £12.99 now but before the 70 weeks are up you can be sure they will have increased the cover price