Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi guys

Hope Carys's dress is lovely.

I'm watching Buffy again, just started on the dishes. Waiting on the boys dishes steeping before feeding them.

Got a load of washing on and one waiting to go in. Debating hanging it out, it's cold here and I think it's been raining now and then. So I suspect it may be on the heater for now. Glad to be doing mindless things like housework.

My head doesn't feel as filled with cotton wool as it has the last few days. I still feel a little drained but not as bad, debating a walk with Dougal too.

Here's hoping.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Hopefully this is the new meds kicking in now Lore. Look after yourself and do what makes you feel good and don't make yourself do anything that sends you back down again
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Afternoon everyone

I see you're all busy with the housework, bed changing, washing, ironing,all the old boring stuff us girls have to do once in a while

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about poor Loki, and I'm with you about this, it's so exasperating that people who KNOW their dogs can be a bit iffy continue to leave them OFFlead Out of instinct I always pull Zena away and I'm actually hindering her with her self defence mechanism too just like you did with Loki. Makes you wonder if we'd be better off letting them have a go back and teach the dog a few manners hey.

Jenny, so pleased to hear those boys of yours are on top form again this morning, long may it continue, and enjoy a lovely walk in the sunshine.

Lynn, sounds like you had a nice walk too this morning with Dillon. Nice to hear he soon settles back down when he trundles upstairs in the early hours! I can't believe how Zena slept in till 8 am yesterday when I needed that lie in!

Bev, exciting week-end coming up for you then I hope we get lots more pics!

Lorraine, glad you're feeling a bit better now ((((hugs)))

Elaine, nice to have you back even if you are going awol on us again

Forgotten it all now

Went down the beach, even though it was raining, not a dog or person in sight which was a bonus, and Zena plonked herself down in the deep rockpool for a cooling off, and then we walked back along the top.

Dave went off to the dentist, whilst I made the pie for lunch and did the veggies, so that's cooking away now and will be ready soon.

Went up to the vans, I bought my guests his morning papers and he was so grateful, but then I do spoil them! He's already booked their 3 weeks again for next year so that's good, they're so happy in the big van compared to the squashed up small one.

Looked at the fencing, and it wasn't too bad, just that they'd kind of sat the posts on the top, cos the original holes were full of water and crud, so thought they'd just leave it like that with the big gap underneath and a gravel board lying on the ground. Uh uh, not in my book they won't Luckily, on the way up to the office, I saw some maintenance guys working on a garden, so I stopped and told him about our fencing. He did no more than to make a phone call on his mobile, to another lot of workmen and told them to get up there pronto and sort my fence out! Dave was well happy and thanked him profusely, cos of course, now it's not a job to add on his neverending list. I told him I'm the one who buys them the sausage rolls etc at Christmas and in the cold winter months, and I followed that with "that'll all stop" He laughed and promised me it would be done in 20 mins.

Popped in for a bag of spuds cos I do like the farmshop spuds, they're not all watery and tasteless like the supermarket ones.

All in all a good morning, and Dave is chatty (well, for HIM he's chatty!) and in a brighter mood (thanks June) and if I'm lucky, it could last the entire week-end if I don't go and ruin it by saying the wrong thing, so I'd better shu-up then hadn't I!

Glorious sunny day now darn sarf, the rain cleared quite quickly this morning, so I've also started on the washing front.

Enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Lorraine the meds are starting to work you don't want them kicking in too quickly nice and slow give you time to heal mentally and physically.
Glad the fence is being sorted pronto Helena those workmen know where their bread is buttered don't they ?

Well off to do upstairs and wash my hair done downstairs and brushed Dillon. He was a nightmare to get to stand still he was bouncing about all over the garden little s*d.
He is all done now and looking very handsome and clean the clean bit will last about 5 mins he always manages to find the dirtiest places to lie.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Heya

Well cannae hang out the washing, that's the rain on.

I've fed the boys, fed the husband, and myself. Although I've only been really awake since 11am, and haven't done much, I'm ready for another nap.

Hopefully this stops soon.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Morning all. We had such a lovely morning but fast turned to rain .
Up to £925 for my sponsorship!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Morning all... everyone sounds busy busy busy on the housework front!!

Well work today, but finishing early as I did extra hours at the beginning of the week.. and I think we are going camping tomorrow, just for 1 night to the beach!! still haven't 100% decided, and at 5.45am this morning when I was opening the gate to let Mr M go to work, it was cold and I was tired and I thought, nah I am going to stay home in the warm and cosy, and sleep in tomorrow LOL, so we shall see, the doglets would love to go!

Nothing else exciting to report from here.... off I trundle, off on my commute!!!

Happy Friday xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Back from taking Mabs and Keshi onto the field for a run round and then a bit of training, which went well. It started raining quite heavily, and I was thinking Oh No, then it stopped and has been nice ever since.
On the way home saw Nigel the gardener doing the beer garden in the local pub so asked him to call round, came home, swopped dogs, was on my way out with Cariad and Lona and he arrived. So he is doing the decking in the front garden and having a good clear out for me and also taking the old dog kennel that is still leaning up on my back fence as I can't get it to the tip due to state of my rib and back.
Was on the river with Cariad and Lona and youngest son rang to see if I would be in later on, so yes I would be.
He's just gone, he brought me flowers and a card and choccies for Mothers Day. In the card he's written Thanks For All Your Help and Support....well I told him that HE's been the help and support for ME this year, if it hadn't been for him and my friends rallying round I have no idea what state I would have been in by now
Just having a cup of tea and cheese and crackers then off out, running an hour late what with all my little visitors
Fingers crossed Dave keeps that smile on his face Helena
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 03:09 PM
We've been lucky enough here to have had a glorious day up until now. Its getting quite chilly and the blue sky now has huge clouds developing. I got the dogs (who seems to be fine) out for an hour this morning. I then did my food shopping before collecting another two courses of abs from my vet. I had a chat with them about them both having had upset tums and she said I'd done brilliantly for them not to succumb earlier to the contaminated ground.

When I was out I saw a Thames Water chap checking all the drains and apparently the estate's sewerage system is now up and running Although he did say that it will always be prone to packing up as we should all have sealed system. With rain forecast hopefully the contaminated verges should soon be OK

Kazz What a very emotional day for you going along to the dog's home to donate the money raised. A great cause
LS I will take a look in your other thread shortly, but I am so sorry to hear about those out-of-control greyhounds. I hope poor Loki suffers no trauma from it.
Elaine Helllloooo, nice to have you back. Your meat grinder sounds interesting and I didn't know such a thing exists. Roll on Monday when BT sort that phone socket.
Lore That's great news and hopefully as the days pass the new meds will continue making a great difference.
Helena Just as well you are up-to-speed with those maintenance men .... its amazing how they can honestly think that not putting something back the way they found it is acceptable. Hopefully that fence will all get sorted. Is the new van for those neighbours by the smaller van who have the blind spaniel? (such a lovely dog). I hope you have a good weekend with Dave ((hugs)).
Lynn You sound a dab hand grooming Dillon ... I have to (one who is especially fidgety) who constantly need grooming ..... but isn't it lovely when they are all clean and fluffy.

Off up to the top field for a second walk with the boys. See you later.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Afternoon all
Glad your all having better weather Sun what the heck is that
Cought out on our walk ,came back looking like walking snow balls the dogs were not impressed
They haven't asked to go out again
Given up gone on strike for the rest of the day might make some meatballs for dins but the get up n go's got up n gone
Hope everyone's well and having a good day
Off for a wee catch up
Take care stay safe
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »