Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-03-2014, 01:29 AM

Move along! Nothing to see here!

Hiya all! It's been a quiet week. No roaming around in the canoe or hiking to the lake. It's been raining pretty hard, so I've been stayin' in, and stayin' dry. Today it actually cleared up in the morning, so I kept an eye and ear open for a potential visitor. Sometime between today and Friday I was supposed to have a visit from some scientist types who were surveying different sites for installation of a seismic monitor. Butedale was one of the sites to be surveyed.

Anyhoo, the heli' showed up early in the afternoon, and came in to land on the... ahem! "helipad", landed, sat for a minute, then took off again.

I dunno if they didn't like the look or feel of the "helipad", or if it was just a stop-in to confirm that the landing pad is good before returning at some later date??? I don't know...
...I'd like to know. I don't get too many visitors during the cold months, and giving them a tour around to the exposed bedrock locations would have been a pleasant change of pace. Ahhh, well; it was still interesting. Not too often one has a whirly-bird land in their back yard.

Anyhoo, thought I'd share a non-usual day.

Cheers!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Yes quite an event. Am trying to recall the last time a helicopters landed near my abode? Nope! Just cannot recall that ever occurring!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Wow, great photos and that is some 'heli-pad' That must have taken real expertise to land that close to trees

What a shame they didn't stop and spend some time with you but as you say that landing spot does look a little dodgey to put it mildly

I hope your weather picks up and we can share some more of your wonderful trips out and stunning scenery.